Status
Not open for further replies.
Operation humidifier is a bit of a bust, time to just bite the bullet and get a proper one i think. Got 5 of these fucking containers scattered around the room and the Vicks humidifier and still can't crack 50%, better then 30% I guess.
3d80d20d86d5a4b6e2ef1812c3d08e51.jpg
0a2c89af1ae25d073d3afc4a2c6f3854.jpg
83721529400b7fcc4f1fd13d84ff4d74.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah i think so its been around 30 for the past week I can get it into the 40s for about 12hrs. At my high temps I need it closer to 60% explains almost all of my symptoms from too high vpd. It's all a learning process though they are still growing just not optimally.

Yeah i think so its been around 30 for the past week I can get it into the 40s for about 12hrs. At my high temps I need it closer to 60% explains almost all of my symptoms from too high vpd. It's all a learning process though they are still growing just not optimally.

Chit maybe i should start worrying about my VPD. I saw your video back a couple pages. Maybe i should go learn. I remember my mom worrying about her VPL in the 70's.

Check out the spreadsheet it's great to just put in your temps and have a look where it should be optimally. If you can measure your leaf temp even better, but general rule of thumb it should be about 2 degrees lower then air temp. opennlabs.com/vpd/VPD_SPREADSHEET.xlsx

It probably wouldn't be that big of a problem if i could water them multiple times a day, or even twice a day but i currently can only water them once a day due to other commitments so it's a bigger issue when they are transpiring so fast. If i could lower my temps and keep humidity where it is now it would also be fine, but as soon as i crank the aircon up and get temps down it just drains the humidity lol. So bit of a conundrum until I can source a decent humidifier I'll just have to keep putting more trays in the room lol.

It probably wouldn't be that big of a problem if i could water them multiple times a day, or even twice a day but i currently can only water them once a day due to other commitments so it's a bigger issue when they are transpiring so fast. If i could lower my temps and keep humidity where it is now it would also be fine, but as soon as i crank the aircon up and get temps down it just drains the humidity lol. So bit of a conundrum until I can source a decent humidifier I'll just have to keep putting more trays in the room lol.

are you exchanging the air in your room every few minutes? If so woudnt a humidifier be pointless? an alternate plan might be to speed up transpiration by blowing fresh air on your plants and water more often this would raise RH. Or am i stoopid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back