Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a question for you guys @HLG1 , how would the quantum board lighting stack up as supplemental lighting for an outdoor greenhouse? One of my neighbors is going to grow though the winter and is considering supplemental lighting for his greenhouse, are your lights waterproof/dustproof or would that be something for him to consider? Have you guys done any lighting with these in greenhouses or commercial settings (sorry if this was asked already.)
Currently HLG 550 is not waterproof. There are some commercial greenhouses that use our HLG 550 lamp.

@Waira
Pin heatsinks offer a large surface area, less weight, air flows more easily than extruded heatsinks. Ideal for a concentrates heat source.
Copper would be great as it has high conductivity but too expensive. Aluminum easier to machine and has great thermal conductivity. Anodization on aluminum allows us to further enhance cooling.

That's great! Are your lights UL certified or is that something you guys have considered (or is it even necessary?)
not necessary
Currently our lamps are not UL certified. We are considering it. Testing is expensive and takes a lot of time.
Our next fixture will be IP 65 and we will also try to get it UL listed.

Last edited:
:welcome: :jointman: :thanks: :headbang: HLG Amit, welcome back mate, and many thanks for coming to AW's Live interviews again! :clapper::clapper::clapper: :smokeout:

>>> :smoking: Arty, I threw up a banner notice too just now,... reel them stoner fishies in!
Waira my friend you are a total star :astar: thank you for doing that!! Arty passes to Waira :pass::vibe:

We launched QB end of last year. It took us a lot of time to convince people that QB is a viable replacement to QB and has advantages.
Growmau did a grow QB's and helped us convince people that there is an alternate to COBs
Thanks for that answer, very informative!!

necessary, that can be a long debate.
Currently our lamps are not UL certified. We are considering it. Testing is expensive and takes a lot of time.
Our next fixture will be IP 65 and we will also try to get it UL listed.
Timber mentioned other certified labs that are also acceptable, cannot remember. In a seed-shell mentioned that UL isn't always the better option. Although our minds are trained to trust the UL seal more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back