Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay tuned brother we have an interview most weeks on a Friday at 6PM UK time and we'll also post up US time Zones.
Keep an eye out in Live Stoners where all the best AFN gossip and news is as well as a ton of fun such as the solstice and pirate parties!
We post Auto Warriors posters for the interviews in Live Stoners on a Friday and sometimes on a thursday too.
Keep an eye on the banner at the top of the screen and it will let you know what is going on!
Halloween is just round the corner so I expect there will be some ghoulish fun to had around that time including AFN's pumpkin carving comp!
It was great to have you with us for the AW's interview and I look forward to your future input in some more of our awesome interviews.
Have fun and enjoy the forums!:smoking::d5::cheers::vibe:
Arty!:pass:
Cool thanks, at least for me I don't need the US time zones, lol I used to live in the U.K. for a few years, kinda of stuck to me adjusting time

I really appreciate the ppl and everything the staff does here. It's really informative and fun talking to everyone. Heck I even helped a few ppl out (sharing the knowledge, and doing my part)

I am in if we do the pumpkin carving, I am already in a contest on who can do the best pumpkin with my daughter

Last edited:
Possible 2 different pheno types, as long there is no signs of defic. or any thing like that
Cool yeah i think its a different pheno but I've just never seen it on one of these fastbuds GSC, this girl has been different from the start though compared to the others she grew like crazy. They have all had issues during the grow but on day 52 now so at the final stretch want to make sure it gets there so not sure what to look for with rot and all that. Here's an overhead of the 'purple' girl.
f8591a918df65345bf22bdb3a1c9fc91.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Guys is it normal to have 2 completely different looking buds colour wise from the same strain? Starting to worry this might be desiese or mold or rot even though it seems ok. The difference is crazy in real life hard to see in the pics but it is almost purple.
82928653808d4262fefef5e98b359b07.jpg
da74bf574445f8c65c2940092dd4019c.jpg

Probably down to two different phenotypes!
Phenotype: All the observable characteristics of an organism that result from the interaction of its genotype (total genetic inheritance) with the environment.
Now that the summer has made way for early autumn your temps may be getting cooler in your grow space I know I have noticed a drop.
If you have a dark period (I don't) then the temp will drop when the lights out, temperature drops especially if they are 10C or more from lights on temps can bring out the Anthocyanins (pigments) which can give cannabis purple hues.
Cold temperatures often cause foliage to turn from reddish to purple in color. This trait is common in a few but not all plants — plants that are genetically predisposed to change color when temperatures drop. And as you might guess, color intensities are varied and may be affected by temperature differently too.

Guys is it normal to have 2 completely different looking buds colour wise from the same strain? Starting to worry this might be desiese or mold or rot even though it seems ok. The difference is crazy in real life hard to see in the pics but it is almost purple.
82928653808d4262fefef5e98b359b07.jpg
da74bf574445f8c65c2940092dd4019c.jpg

My current grow clearly has a different pheno (the two smaller ones), look on the last page

Stock is from: Short Stuff Himalayan Blue Diesel

My current grow clearly has a different pheno (the two smaller ones), look on the last page

Stock is from: Short Stuff Himalayan Blue Diesel
Cool its all still a learning process for me so trying to find out as much about it as I can lol. If I have my anotomy right the colour is forming on the calyx of the bud?

Probably down to two different phenotypes!
Phenotype: All the observable characteristics of an organism that result from the interaction of its genotype (total genetic inheritance) with the environment.
Now that the summer has made way for early autumn your temps may be getting cooler in your grow space I know I have noticed a drop.
If you have a dark period (I don't) then the temp will drop when the lights out, temperature drops especially if they are 10C or more from lights on temps can bring out the Anthocyanins (pigments) which can give cannabis purple hues.
Cold temperatures often cause foliage to turn from reddish to purple in color. This trait is common in a few but not all plants — plants that are genetically predisposed to change color when temperatures drop. And as you might guess, color intensities are varied and may be affected by temperature differently too.
Thanks for the explanation arty it's super cool I'm getting to learn and see this in my first grow!

@rayuki
I am pretty sure everyone on here is still learning. From master growers to the first time grower IMO. Not a single seed is the same so everything is in steps. And if u make a mistake learn from it, if you do something awesome share with others. We are all here to help.

I am no master, do have some experience growing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back