Status
Not open for further replies.
20170929_122342.jpg

Hello @RainDan good to have you here :pass:

I got a question for you like the native Americans that used every part of the Buffalo :D I disassembled an old mars reflector series led and I have 8 of these can i use them to save some cash when I build a cob light for my 2'x4' grow box?

View attachment 810277
Hello @sniper
Good question - and we get that question a lot - there are ways to reuse parts of the Mars units in COB retrofits. Judging by the specs printed on the driver, for instance, @ .6A output you should be able to drive 1-2 COBs and create about 50-100 watts.

Thanks so much do you supply the uk
Yes - we ship internationally using USPS Priority Mail. Our customers feedback is that USPS is not only cheaper for transit than UPS/FedEx, but also lower on duties/customs fees.

Our website is not set up to accept international orders, however, if anyone is interested, they can always email sales@timbergrowlights.com and we'd be happy to assist with shipping quotes and orders.

@RainDan 3x 3 & 4 x 4 are some of the most popular sizes of grow tents, what would you recommend to our members to light these tents?
For a 3'x3' area, 300 watts of COBs will generate PPFD values of around 900 µmol/m²s and the 400 watt COB lights will bump that up to around 1050-1100 µmol/m²s.

For a 4'x4' area, 600 watts will produce PPFD values of around 950 µmol/m²s.

For veg, you need roughly 1/2 the wattage as flowering, so you can either half the wattage or double the coverage area to produce PPFD values of around 400-500 µmol/m²s, suitable for veg, but low for flowering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back