Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont suppose she was in around a place where lots of hardwood leaves fall on the ground was she? If she was thats a huge reason how she did so well. Hardwood leaf compost makes some of the best soil availble. Perfect PH, and you know that black dirt has lots of nutrients!
yeah, just smell that stuff!

If the natural forest surrounding soil is all hardwood then i wouldnt even bother testing the soil, how is drainage? Is it a sandy loam?

Yes that’s all hardwood back there. As far as the drainage it drys up pretty quick! We could have a torrential downpour in the summer and then two days later dry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But when I prep the grow site which I need to do before winter I will be tilling an area that’s 5x5 as deep as I can get, mix in horse manure, lime, vermiculite, till again to make sure it’s mixed thoroughly then top layer it with promix when it’s grow time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit the nail on the head there!!
Just to clarify, the area was really rocky so I dug out just a little, (pure laziness), and backfilled with sand. I used mg powdered nutes mixed with water and always left a cap of mg on top of the soil in hopes of rain. I was only able to visit them every 2 to 3 weeks. :peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back