Status
Not open for further replies.
to be fair, ive heard of people using bleach succesfully in hydro to get rid of jelly on the roots and other such problems but what youve just said does make a lot of sense. i use sm-90 wich amongst other things is a pre-emptive pesticide that should put anything that can manage to make it to my roots want to leave once they get there. also contains good bacteria that help kill funghi n stuff and helps your plants absorb nutrients. seems to do the job for me but im investing a lot of money in one of my mates just now and he got completely wiped out by whitefly last time he tried it himself. so im on a mission to find some chemical users to see how the plants actually react. my book tells me its safe but my pest control bible obviously doesnt have a sub section for weed growers lol. most folk are just put off by the scare stories so spend months fighting with oils and soapy water without ever trying pesticides to see what the effects are. im not game for that like. way too much stress

sm-90 is coriander (parsley seed) sulfate processed canola oil, and triathanolamine (ethylene oxide and ammonia, TEA)

TEA is used in cosmetics and creams.It can have no greater than a 5% concentration in order for it to remain safe for use. Prolonged skin contact can cause side effects.

sm-90 has TEA at 5%
should be safe enough.

forgive me for posting this here...but, I did post in Hydro section to to avail on answers. was wondering if anyone here has Hempy bucket experience could answer real quick...this is original post referring to Hempy bucket.

I've used a similar method with garden plants..seems almost like a "selfwatering" bucket?
Are you using a tray and just adding water to the tray to have it wick up? Or top feeding and leaving water in tray?
Mix of ratio of coco to perlite? I assume the coco is the same brick stuff at pet stores.
What if you add a wick or two, to help draw up water and nutes.
What about water retention crystals in the mix to help retain moister to prolong watering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back