Status
Not open for further replies.
forgive me for posting this here...but, I did post in Hydro section to to avail on answers. was wondering if anyone here has Hempy bucket experience could answer real quick...this is original post referring to Hempy bucket.

I've used a similar method with garden plants..seems almost like a "selfwatering" bucket?
Are you using a tray and just adding water to the tray to have it wick up? Or top feeding and leaving water in tray?
Mix of ratio of coco to perlite? I assume the coco is the same brick stuff at pet stores.
What if you add a wick or two, to help draw up water and nutes.
What about water retention crystals in the mix to help retain moister to prolong watering?

@Ash-a-Ton is the man to talk to my friend. I gave him some equipment advice when he started his hybrid deal, but he has fully run with it. I don't know soils very well unless your talking garden soil.

I don't use wicking, i run RDWC, and I am pretty sure he combined starting in soil in a net pot, and raising it till sex, then putting the whole netpot in a DWC bucket. He had some issue with the first run, but his plants are looking great.

Last edited:
forgive me for posting this here...but, I did post in Hydro section to to avail on answers. was wondering if anyone here has Hempy bucket experience could answer real quick...this is original post referring to Hempy bucket.

I've used a similar method with garden plants..seems almost like a "selfwatering" bucket?
Are you using a tray and just adding water to the tray to have it wick up? Or top feeding and leaving water in tray?
Mix of ratio of coco to perlite? I assume the coco is the same brick stuff at pet stores.
What if you add a wick or two, to help draw up water and nutes.
What about water retention crystals in the mix to help retain moister to prolong watering?
Your Man is @Ash-a ton Top hempy man

@Ash-a-Ton is the man to talk to my friend. I gave him some equipment advice when he started, but he has fully run with it. I don't know soils very well unless your talking garden soil.

I don't use wicking, i run RDWC, and I am pretty sure he combined starting in soil in a net pot, and raising it till sex, then putting the whole netpot in a DWC bucket. He had some issue with the first run, but his plants are looking great.
You type faster than I can . :rofl:

lol. I type hours a day.

merica_o_1126988.jpg
ff570dfab3b9009a0c01342d89034561906125ff3165d822a69ed4532db70ca0.jpg
le-dog-be-like-vroom-vroom-mothafuckas-3_o_2377443.jpg

2decc949089f496e9e90931a12e6fc6f9eb9b427160a0b485d94e76f59a5db44.jpg

@Ash-a-Ton is the man to talk to my friend. I gave him some equipment advice when he started his hybrid deal, but he has fully run with it. I don't know soils very well unless your talking garden soil.

@green genes Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back