Status
Not open for further replies.
And read the shipping info, a lot of companies don't wrap... I had a 4x4 tent show up clearly labeled GROW TENT 4X4. Some companies will be discreet. But you wanna check if you don't want the postman knowing.
So.did I and I was out went to the worst person on my street was a night mare

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great advice bud.....growing is no good, if it cause too much anxiety for the grower or other members of the house.

I am glad you added "for other members of the house." I started getting paranoid when it was in my house, and my GF started not being able to sleep. One night the cops were out to the neighbors for a Jerry Springer episode and she stopped wanting to even come over here. It was a huge problem for both of us. It was all the motivation I needed to build a super secure, light proof, automated space in another building. And that required saving money, gear, construction materials, and labor.

It came together quick, but it's surprising what you can do if faced with not having your lady in your bedroom ever again!

Quite a few people grow hot peppers in grow tents

Although these aren't hot peppers (well, one is a jalapeno, and they are pretty hot for being just a jalapeno), they seem to LOVE the climate-controlled environment.. Even though it's not super-warm in the grow (gotta find a happy-medium), the humidity is low, and they have PLENTY of light, with each one having an AutoCOB.. They coexist well with weed, as I think they make the weed plants jealous.. Purely speculation at this point..

I did this (and totally didn't grab my habanero plant that was doing awesome) because we got a hard-frost a couple weeks ago, and I wanted to NOT have to deal with starting peppers inside again in February, and then waiting until July.. I can just keep these growing inside and prune them back as I need to.. That way, I have an assortment of peppers in the winter!!

Also, the black-ish looking pepper is on a plant called "Carnival peppers". They're bell peppers that come out in 4 different colors on the same plant; purple, orange, white and green. The green versions look almost fluorescent!! When it gets bigger, I'll take a better picture next to a green bell pepper for contrast!!

20171116_165041.jpg

20171116_165055.jpg

20171116_165106.jpg

20171116_165116.jpg

20171116_165132.jpg

I am glad you added "for other members of the house." I started getting paranoid when it was in my house, and my GF started not being able to sleep. One night the cops were out to the neighbors for a Jerry Springer episode and she stopped wanting to even come over here. It was a huge problem for both of us. It was all the motivation I needed to build a super secure, light proof, automated space in another building. And that required saving money, gear, construction materials, and labor.

It came together quick, but it's surprising what you can do if faced with not having your lady in your bedroom ever again!

Funny story about this; the wife and I met about 5yrs ago, kinda knew we were gonna marry each other, so after about 6ish months, I had her move in with me, but I told her before she moved in, "I have just recently started growing weed.. I hope that doesn't bother you.." Reluctantly, she said she was fine with it.. One day when she got home from work, she ran into the house and said, "Oh my god, I can smell the weed outside!!!!" I laughed and thought it was cool, until she told me she could smell it downstairs in the parking lot.. I thought she was being paranoid until 2 days later, I got outta my truck and said, "Awww hey, someone's smoking weed, cool!" Until the smell got stronger and stronger, the closer I got to the apartment... Mortified, I opened the door and sure enough, it was seriously stinky.. Ran to the local hydro store, got me a fan and a filter and threw it in the tent with great success.. Only problem, was what was I gonna tell people the tent was, in my bedroom?? Was it a wardrobe tent?? Was it a, "suburban indoor camping tent"? No idea, but the wife stayed quiet and only the closest of my closest friends knew I was growing.. Now, shit doesn't matter much, so long as I don't go over plant-count, but honestly, unless the neighbors are shitty and are waiting to fuck me over for something, I could hardly see it being much a problem here since it's legal now..

Just hope they don't do something drastic like limiting people growing at home.. That would really burn my ass, and would more than likely become clandestine, again............... Let's hope it doesn't get to that!!

I feel way better. My stress level is half what it was. I try to always do everything mindfully. My room is insulated, has mylar layers to deflect or diffuse IR and laser. Intakes and exhaust are filtered. It's light tight, and cannot be seen or heard unless you are standing in front of the secret door in a locked building with security lights/camera.

Just hope they don't do something drastic like limiting people growing at home.. That would really burn my ass, and would more than likely become clandestine, again............... Let's hope it doesn't get to that!!

Not sure how they're gonna do an thing like that... I grow peppers indoorz, I had extra room in the tent.

mate that almost reduced me to tears like.
a was fuckin rollin about for 3 or 4 minutes there man. the mrs was freakin out cos i litterally ended up rollin about on the floor havin a coughin fit cos i pissed masel that much.

if yer sales patters howf as gid as yer banter ye’l getit aw fur nout sir.

get your emailing fingers busy while the non scots figure out what i just said lol. those companies are gonna be gettin emails by the dozen now after that freebie list post lol
Well its not worked yet ......ive checked my messages and no takers......this must be what its like on a dating site when uve posted ur profile and ur not getting the response u wanted.....knowing my luck i will get offered an old hps lamp powerered by isambard kingdom brunnel........suppose thats like getting a message on a dating site from the old lady and not the young nubile u were hoping for.......on the up side as we all know the old lady can stiĺl make fat buds too[emoji111]

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Not sure how they're gonna do an thing like that... I grow peppers indoorz, I had extra room in the tent.

Maaaaaan, they can do whatever the fuck they want!!!!! I say that with a smile, but seriousness.. Even with a full surveillance system in-place, showing cops harming or destroying your home, crops, materials, stealing, beating you/family up, will never make it past your state's supreme court because once the feds get involved, things get shitty.. You know this, I know this, and that's why even in a legal state, it still feels, "wrong" because if for some reason I have 13 plants, instead of the prescribed 12, and say I or my wife has a medical emergency; cops do their "duty" and walk around the house and find that I have 13 plants........ What are the chances they're gonna bust my balls?? I have a leg up on folks as I'm a combat veteran and my wife ridiculously insists that I hang some of that shit up on the walls.. I honestly, don't want or care to have that shit up as a reminder, but she says it can help with healing, dealing, feeling, whatever that means.. Back a couple years ago, before it was legal, I had a bad breathing attack (prior to my asthma DX), paramedics came in and said, "Daaaaaamn, smells like Jamaica in here", and the cop was not too far behind them.. As soon as they saw my uniforms in the closet and the plaques on the wall of my service, they said, "We don't smell anything, but you may wanna do something about that, soon...."

Not everyone gets those kinds of breaks and that's how I feel they can start "weeding" people out, pun, sorta intended..

Unfortunately, I haven't been browsing too many sections of the site lately, but I was hoping to hear that after all of the bullshit you had happen not too long ago that you were able to at least harvest enough to help out of the folks you are working with?! You grew some stellar plants homie!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back