Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a little perspective check. My brother and housemate wanted to go visit some friends out of state for Halloween, and I thought the trip could do him some good so let him borrow the car. Got back almost a week ago, and the car has sat out in the driveway dirty since then. Borrowed it again today to run an in town errand and again left out front, this time unlocked. I can understand when he got back from the road trip not being able to put it in the garage just then, because I lock the garage door opener and it would have been locked when he got back. But...plenty of time in the days between then and now to unlock the door and move it around back and into the garage. I finally caved and took it by the car wash and parked it in the garage this evening.

I dunno...just starting to feel a little too much like him not caring about what might happen or what condition he leaves my shit in, and not at all like there is any real gratitude at even getting to use the thing. If I borrow something from someone, and particularly something on the magnitude of a car, I've always felt like I need to treat it BETTER than I would if it were my own and return it in just as good if not better shape (ie...full tank of gas and WASHED).

Feeling like maybe I'm letting it upset me more than it really should, so thought I'd get some LS opinions on the matter. :jointman:

Need a little perspective check. My brother and housemate wanted to go visit some friends out of state for Halloween, and I thought the trip could do him some good so let him borrow the car. Got back almost a week ago, and the car has sat out in the driveway dirty since then. Borrowed it again today to run an in town errand and again left out front, this time unlocked. I can understand when he got back from the road trip not being able to put it in the garage just then, because I lock the garage door opener and it would have been locked when he got back. But...plenty of time in the days between then and now to unlock the door and move it around back and into the garage. I finally caved and took it by the car wash and parked it in the garage this evening.

I dunno...just starting to feel a little too much like him not caring about what might happen or what condition he leaves my shit in, and not at all like there is any real gratitude at even getting to use the thing. If I borrow something from someone, and particularly something on the magnitude of a car, I've always felt like I need to treat it BETTER than I would if it were my own and return it in just as good if not better shape (ie...full tank of gas and WASHED).

Feeling like maybe I'm letting it upset me more than it really should, so thought I'd get some LS opinions on the matter. :jointman:
I can only say I think your expectations are same as mine would be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back