Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably will boil off the alcohol as your suggesting . I'm treating this as preboil step allowing the alcohol to do it's thing for the next 2 weeks and then boiling off any remaining alcohol before adding the glyerine
My point is what takes 2 weeks can be done in 20 minutes on the stove so you're just adding 2 weeks and an extra step considering you're going to boil it on the stove anyway.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

hope I steered U in the right direction, you've almost tapped out what I know so far! I binged around Xmas and bought all kinds of gear I'm not ready to play with yet. Vape supplies, top feed RDWC supplies, etc.... Some of this stuff may take me a year to get to...
I love doing this stuff! Tincture, butter, capsules and now I will add vape juice to my arsenal.

My point is what takes 2 weeks can be done in 20 minutes on the stove so you're just adding 2 weeks and an extra step considering you're going to boil it on the stove anyway.

Right . But by the time I get to the boiling off stage ( which may or may not happen , This was my own idea ) the alcohol will have done most of the extraction for me and may have evaporated as well .

Right . But by the time I get to the boiling off stage ( which may or may not happen , This was my own idea ) the alcohol will have done most of the extraction for me and may have evaporated as well .
I feel like there is no way around boiling it off, of course you could just start with a glycerin tincture which I have not done then you would forgo the alcohol altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back