Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay @budlee. My light has 6 cobs. 3 cobs are 8" and those 3 cobs are 11" once a from the next. I honestly think they are to close. NO plant has been able to handle the recommended 18" from this light. It has been a serious learning curve.
Gotta remember that autos don't need this 1100ppfd like most photo growers aim for. I have proven this over and over and hope to get documenting more a time goes on. I cook my autos at 800ppfd, harvested well over 2gpw at 500ppfd on that deep cheese an my current auto grow is the best yet around 400ppfd. What all this means is these lights we see available for purchase are mainly geared towards max light at the canopy to meet the light requirements of photo period plant. Autos are being overlooked and us auto growers need to use our best judgement when choosing high powered production cob lights. When I recommend a DIY I always suggest farther spacing and dimmers. Hope it helps.

One lonely night I was cruising through this forum. I came across a thread called Nelsons Balcony. If you havent seen it, find it. Read it. I was so overwhelmed by the love that was present in this. I admit it, I cried. The reason I cried is because we all have a Nelson. I subbed to that thread, with tears down my face. I loved that guy. I never knew that guy. I never conversed with him. I still loved him. The truth is, I've lived a rough life. I've always been a tough guy. I've always been sensitive in private. I've always loved a good story though. Nelson balcony tells a story that will make a tough guy cry. Since I read that thread, I've noticed people stop in Nelson Balcony, to say hello, to put one in the air for him. Peeps also comment on loved ones they lost. It's a place where people who knew this Nelson go, to say something to the ones they have lost. I wish I knew him. After reading the balcony, I read everything I could find pertaining to this beautiful man. I cried some more. I grieved over the loss of ones I loved. If you haven't ventured to the edge of AFN, where Nelson lives, I recommend you do so. I'm missing so many people right now and I want to go smoke with Nelson on his balcony.

Gotta remember that autos don't need this 1100ppfd like most photo growers aim for. I have proven this over and over and hope to get documenting more a time goes on. I cook my autos at 800ppfd, harvested well over 2gpw at 500ppfd on that deep cheese an my current auto grow is the best yet around 400ppfd. What all this means is these lights we see available for purchase are mainly geared towards max light at the canopy to meet the light requirements of photo period plant. Autos are being overlooked and us auto growers need to use our best judgement when choosing high powered production cob lights. When I recommend a DIY I always suggest farther spacing and dimmers. Hope it helps.
Hey, that help a lot man. I'm learning that the 18" recommended for flower is way to strong. BigSmo, what do you think of the cobs on my piece being 8" and 11"apart?

ahhh im being soo lazy!! i need to pot up some plants!!! I dont feel like it!!! lets get high!! i need a jam!!!

:headbang:

Thank you. I really needed that

yea im pretty stressed out too!!! i have job interview tomorrow!!! :pass:Music saves me every time bro!!! and weed!!! @Yeatster I remember this song in 1994 when i was locked in a prison camp for growing canna plants .. its was for 6 months of pure control.. to rehab me from growing cannabis plants..
:bighug:

yea im pretty stressed out too!!! i have job interview tomorrow!!! :pass:Music saves me every time bro!!! and weed!!! @Yeatster I remember this song in 1994 when i was locked in a prison camp for growing canna plants .. its was for 6 months of pure control.. to rehab me from growing cannabis plants..
:bighug:

Thanks man. For the record, I've done 6 months on the prison toilet. No fun bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back