Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a summation of cations used to calculate Cation Exchange Capacity in soil profiles.
Aha! Something I need to study. I only know the electronegativity series in chemistry.

I used to entertain students with sodium and water...

Aha! Something I need to study. I only know the electronegativity series in chemistry.

I used to entertain students with sodium and water...
I partnered with a German echange student who found our chemistry amusing. I was the lab tech and he would carve tiny pieces of sodium and then release them into the deep sink. He know his stuff. The rest of the kids stayed well away from our bench.

It's a crazy little branch of science. Plants never stop to amaze me. Soil science gets heavy on terminology. CEC is important though, that one is super applicable to potting soils. I made a post on nursery potting soils somewhere around here one night while I was on a research bender.

there has been a lot interest here the last few weeks on doing some real science with whatever we have each, and put it together.

It's a crazy little branch of science. Plants never stop to amaze me. Soil science gets heavy on terminology. CEC is important though, that one is super applicable to potting soils. I made a post on nursery potting soils somewhere around here one night while I was on a research bender.

Found a fact sheet from Cornell University. I'll read it. Do you have any review papers or references on free papers on the subject?
I never had any plant physiology course, so I work my way through the textbook Introduction to Plant Physiology. I have a pdf.

there has been a lot interest here the last few weeks on doing some real science with whatever we have each, and put it together.
And it's just that kind of thinking that is going to increase everyone's understanding of the topic.

Last edited:
Good afternoon sir. Doing better than I deserve.

Great! Count your blessings!

I partnered with a German echange student who found our chemistry amusing. I was the lab tech and he would carve tiny pieces of sodium and then release them into the deep sink. He know his stuff. The rest of the kids stayed well away from our bench.

Haha, you really don't want to be an academic type!
But you know, AFN is really an academy! Many people here are more knowledgeable than the average Ph.D. in botany.

Day 25 ish. Going to have to bust out more chains on these savages. @Rebel @budelee @Dudeski
IMG_20170410_134711.jpg

I'm just home to water the plants and pack a few things to bring back to the country house. I will enjoy your company again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back