Status
Not open for further replies.
It can be a bit tricky to get the hang of. I bought a Behmor 1600 and with a little practice have been able to produce 5 different roast profiles I can hit reliably with it. I dont by gifts in the holidays anymore as I just roast coffee and bake loaded goodies for the adults to enjoy on a bright sunny morning in the kitchen. Probably the only things I have ever given as gifts that have never been re gifted and are rave about pretty uniformly. Fresh roast can spoil a man.
5 private brand roast profiles is great! I'd like to come by for your French roast!

Exactly what the young people are doing today Dr. The only difference is they expect to graduate with a BA and get a job paying $ 100,000. with benifits . :rofl:
A few of the nuggets that were bestowed upon me in my youth stuck. My father once told me that you first get a job. Then you start looking for a good job. then you spend the rest of your life looking for THE job. No matter where you settle you always give a man a days work, and walk out with your head held high. I have taken that with me throughout life and it has served me well...

It has been much the same for me at times. But the lifetime of curiosity that comes with a background in science is worth every penny and has proven to be a source of constant entertainment. I am teaching one of my daughters to use a macro lens right now and I am astounded at what she wees through the lens walking around our yard. Its a fantastic world at any scale.
I worked with a lot of graduate students on the golf course a lot had degrees that seemed to me to be irrelivent to earning a living in the real world .

I worked with a lot of graduate students on the golf course a lot had degrees that seemed to me to be irrelivent to earning a living in the real world .
Yeah one of the things I saw at university was a great number of people that did not know why they were there. they just came because it was epected of them. I love the kids that are dirt poor that spend all their time in the library and never go bar hopping save for a couple of special nights a year, as a result they graduate with knowledge and get scarfed up by companies that are only interested in success and go on to live lives of happiness only through hard work and sacrifice early. All my previous generations had this trademark but it is disappearing.

Many times knowlege I gained from school did not serve me much. Most of the time however the more I know about as many things as possible, the more that knowlege starts to come together in a sense. I start seeing connections between things that I otherwise would not have understood. Besides, school was fun! I loved the lab work.

It has been much the same for me at times. But the lifetime of curiosity that comes with a background in science is worth every penny and has proven to be a source of constant entertainment. I am teaching one of my daughters to use a macro lens right now and I am astounded at what she wees through the lens walking around our yard. Its a fantastic world at any scale.
That's cool! Great way for her to explore.

Exactly what the young people are doing today Dr. The only difference is they expect to graduate with a BA and get a job paying $ 100,000. with benifits . :rofl:
I plan to go back to school at age 43.

5 private brand roast profiles is great! I'd like to come by for your French roast!
I joined up with a green coffee bean coop and it has provided a steady supply of beans of the highest quality from around the world. I don't really enjoy the Geisha or other highly priced and marketed coffees but tend to gravitate more towards coffees from Etheopia, Tanzania and Kenya on the African Continent (lighter roasts) and Brazil Columbia Guat Honduran etc for deeper and darker roasts. I am a Junkie and have no shame in saying that. I love coffee and even though I have developed snob tastes I will drink a cup of Folgers or instant offered to me happily. Never reject the kindness of friends.

But I try to make a point of always serving the best to guests. My former wife had a great many friends that enjoyed that. The same holds true for Tea wine and beer. I just hit a point that I did not drink enough to warrant settling. so i dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back