Status
Not open for further replies.
So whatcha guys shooting for shotguns?
Browning light 12 or remington 870 special field 20 which is an extremely lightweight 870 with a straight grip stock short action and only a 4 round mag. 11-87 trap for birds of the clay kind

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have one neighbor within 20 miles to the west, the other directions no one for hundreds of miles. This fine fellow is hurting today, bad stomach and hips stoved up from logging with snowshoes on, hazards of the camp trade. I'm headed out to chop some frozen fish from my pile and take over(only 3 miles) to feed his dogs, maybe chop wood and haul in, see what need to be done. So good to have a neighbor, if I go down he will be on my work.

4133f0147a73a9ad499537279e22bfb6.jpg
this is close to a 44 carbine lol

42afd5c2f5fce3fb5b47f4f285337a34.jpg
trailanimal needs my 35 remington handgun.

have you taken deer with the 35?

that's what we should be doing is reloading..lots of cost upfront for the startup gear though.

Never been a fan of folding stocks
Lots of used stuff cheap out there. Most of the stuff lasts longer than a lifetime.

If he was using mil spec ammo, its no wonder, the mini thirty won't shoot that stuff well at all. Retail ammo however will group very well. But I too love the SKS, I've owned three of them, the last I put a sporter stock on it so I could hunt with it without getting crap from the game wardens. Added a scope with a GOOD scope mount, most for the sks are junk. I'd love to get another.

I am totally surprised to hear he mini 30 is such garbage!!

have you taken deer with the 35?
I have not but it could easily be done. This thing will make a single ragged hole all day at 100 yards with my hand loads. The woods around here have gotten too populated for my liking during hunting season.

If he was using mil spec ammo, its no wonder, the mini thirty won't shoot that stuff well at all. Retail ammo however will group very well. But I too love the SKS, I've owned three of them, the last I put a sporter stock on it so I could hunt with it without getting crap from the game wardens. Added a scope with a GOOD scope mount, most for the sks are junk. I'd love to get another.
Get your 03 ffl which is super easy to get and you can order sks's all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back