Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like the Microsoft of today. Not that it matters to anyone, least of all Microsoft, but I HATE Windows 10!!
What are your problems with it? It's much better than 8, but not the quality of XP lol

If you ever have trouble with something just shoot me a message and I'll see if I can help.

So this is a bit off topic for this place, but it made me laugh, so I have to share.

I am working on a project for my company that required me to request some pretty valuable data from Microsoft. Namely, a key which will activate 50,000 copies of Windows 10.

I was made to understand that Microsoft would send me this in the form of an encrypted document. Makes sense, right?

So this morning, I get an email from Microsoft, and attached is a document. This was followed by another email, containing the password in big bold letters. That struck me as odd. That would defeat the entire purpose of encrypting the file in the first place. The password should have been delivered via phone, or any other medium besides the same one they sent the file through. Security 101.

Not that it matters, the file wasn't encrypted anyway.

Good job, Microsoft!

Figures don't it?

That sounds like the Microsoft of today. Not that it matters to anyone, least of all Microsoft, but I HATE Windows 10!!
For the most part, eventually everyone will probably have to embrace it.

I found something that makes it tolerable. google for Start10 from Object Desktop. Best $5 I ever spent on my PC. Windows 10 with the Windows 7 start menu.

stardock-start10-2-720x720.png

What are your problems with it? It's much better than 8, but not the quality of XP lol

If you ever have trouble with something just shoot me a message and I'll see if I can help.
Thanks for the offer Samwell! I may need to take you up on it someday............I guess mostly I just had grown used to XP and liked it. 10 is like they tried to make it look like a phone screen...it reminded me of when the pharma companies I used to work for would change our info and call reporting software for the next great thing.......told us it would do more......yeah,they did more......more of things you rarely used and your routine daily stuff became more complicated. That said, I am not a great computer person, lol!

Same here, @hesgone13 - I've been a systems engineer for about 30 years. If you ever have a PC/Windows/Linux/Networking question, I'd be happy to try and help.

Damn storm coming, I really need to get my fence up & get ready for building some stealth into it. I.E. , small black fencing boxes to shield all from view, I hope!

For the most part, eventually everyone will probably have to embrace it.

I found something that makes it tolerable. google for Start10 from Object Desktop. Best $5 I ever spent on my PC. Windows 10 with the Windows 7 start menu.

View attachment 916320
I'm sure that is true.....but I like your new app......The Windows 10 start menu sucks a root! It sure is easy to get to Microsoft to buy something, tho'!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back