Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

42dfef94498008d5f69111bc92216ba0.jpg

eba7d6c74b97447ad4bf3e25674b59ae.jpg

weed-in-car-cop-weedmemes.jpg

So this is a bit off topic for this place, but it made me laugh, so I have to share.

I am working on a project for my company that required me to request some pretty valuable data from Microsoft. Namely, a key which will activate 50,000 copies of Windows 10.

I was made to understand that Microsoft would send me this in the form of an encrypted document. Makes sense, right?

So this morning, I get an email from Microsoft, and attached is a document. This was followed by another email, containing the password in big bold letters. That struck me as odd. That would defeat the entire purpose of encrypting the file in the first place. The password should have been delivered via phone, or any other medium besides the same one they sent the file through. Security 101.

Not that it matters, the file wasn't encrypted anyway.

Good job, Microsoft!

So this is a bit off topic for this place, but it made me laugh, so I have to share.

I am working on a project for my company that required me to request some pretty valuable data from Microsoft. Namely, a key which will activate 50,000 copies of Windows 10.

I was made to understand that Microsoft would send me this in the form of an encrypted document. Makes sense, right?

So this morning, I get an email from Microsoft, and attached is a document. This was followed by another email, containing the password in big bold letters. That struck me as odd. That would defeat the entire purpose of encrypting the file in the first place. The password should have been delivered via phone, or any other medium besides the same one they sent the file through. Security 101.

Good job, Microsoft!
That sounds like the Microsoft of today. Not that it matters to anyone, least of all Microsoft, but I HATE Windows 10!!

Good job, Microsoft!
Lol same shit every where! People don't understand security at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back