Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo here’s a strange one..... we’re finally hitting temps of 25+C even as high as 31 and my grow space is fucking colder than it was in the winter!!! Damn AC!!!! I don’t feel comfortable with the idea of a plug in heater in that space so I was wondering what other ideas you guys might have? Temps are currently 18C with one autocob on. (Seeds just popped.. fugue state) I was thinking of maybe using a heat bulb? What would the wattage need to be? Do I need a special fixture for one? Open to any and all ideas and input. My thanks in advance....
maybe a reasonably high wattage incandescent lamp with a dimmer. A heat light will radiate a lot of infrared. Not sure what effect that would have. A bare bulb is a bit more "full spectrum." The dimmer would give you some measure of regulation.

@R_HIDIA Also, you could try filling empty space on the tent floor with jugs of water. Will help retain what heat you do add to the tent. Not sure if just a light will be enough, because ironically as wasteful as those bulbs are, they are still not quite as efficient as a heater.

How about a small oil-filled heater? Those are pretty safe, if not power hungry.

Edit: Something like this would probably be ideal for a small to mid-sized tent.

Amazon product

In case the amazon link doesn't show, search for NewAir AH-400 Portable Space Heater

Edit2: The reviews are a bit dissuading. Maybe not that specific unit, but something like it would probably do the job.

Last edited:
Bored... gonna post some funny (to me, anyway) pics. Hope not to offend anyone.

1438965721661.jpg

1427759199079.jpg

1409792342949.png

1409785953984.jpg

1409058131859.jpg

@R_HIDIA Also, you could try filling empty space on the tent floor with jugs of water. Will help retain what heat you do add to the tent. Not sure if just a light will be enough, because ironically as wasteful as those bulbs are, they are still not quite as efficient as a heater.

How about a small oil-filled heater? Those are pretty safe, if not power hungry.

Edit: Something like this would probably be ideal for a small to mid-sized tent.

Amazon product

In case the amazon link doesn't show, search for NewAir AH-400 Portable Space Heater

Edit2: The reviews are a bit dissuading. Maybe not that specific unit, but something like it would probably do the job.

Thanks. That looks like a nice little unit... I’m just thinking if I have to use that which is also one of the lower wattage units out there (400w) im almost better just adding a 250w or 400w hps and benefiting from the extra light. ?

Thanks. That looks like a nice little unit... I’m just thinking if I have to use that which is also one of the lower wattage units out there (400w) im almost better just adding a 250w or 400w hps and benefiting from the extra light. ?
Hard to argue against more light... That probably would make more sense.

Those were just awesome! Thanks for the laughs buddy! Gonna blaze some sour crack from my first indoor grow. Second one is just getting underway.
Yeah I am enjoying the fruits of my second grow (speed bud) while I have two more ladies doing their thing.

This is, hands down, the most enjoyable and rewarding hobby I have ever taken up.

Hard to argue against more light... That probably would make more sense.
I think I might just plug in my other 2 autocobs and see how that effects temps. Maybe even turn them on and hanging them below pot level. 2 reasons- they just sprouted (2/4 so far and don’t need the light), and perhaps having them closer to the plants base will be warmer for the seedlings in the immediate area. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back