Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, my hair is dyed in that shot, I am normally a brunette.

Hahahaha :D
While we are at it...i might as well post a pic of me smoking a joint!!
Pot-Overdose.jpg

Hope you are having a good day of things... Glad I caught you :smoking:
Just been a long day here, had to go with my daughters for their dentist appointments (teeth pulled and fillings). Now I have my Dr appt for a referral tomorrow and dentist the next day.

Just been a long day here, had to go with my daughters for their dentist appointments (teeth pulled and fillings). Now I have my Dr appt for a referral tomorrow and dentist the next day.
A parent's day is never really done. I hope things turn out happy for you!

It might not be that straightforward. It's hard to know how much heat the insulation will retain. I figure if the thing is generating heat faster than being exposed to air will dissipate, I am really hesitant to do anything that will contain that heat and let it concentrate. Of course it has to be a pretty high level of heat for any issues, but I don't see it as worth the risk.

From my experience with air pumps, they indeed produce a fair amount of heat but if you were to insulate it, you'd essentially be pumping that heated air into the res, which could also be counterintuitive.. I noticed this issue when I did hydro, so I moved my air pump outside the grow and just ran longer air hoses which helped keep res temps down..

Doesn't really solve your noise issue, but the air pumps I used had rubber feet built into them.. Sometimes the diaphragms would make noise but that was usually when it was on its way out.. Maybe insulate it, but have airflow passing over/by it to keep the heat down?? You could rig up a PC fan to the box to force ambient air in, if you wanna go all out.. They aren't very high draw and you can usually splice the wires from an old electronics power supply.. Only 2 wires!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back