Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your a engineer lol maybe you could help me on how to quite down my air pump. The only bad thing about running hydro is the vibration and noise from the air pump.
What surface is it sitting on? Try putting it on top of a rubberish mouse pad or something. the pad will absorb the vibrations.

If that's not it, then the noise is coming from the mechanics of the pump. There's no generic solution for that other than getting a quieter mechanism.

What surface is it sitting on? Try putting it on top of a rubberish mouse pad or something. the pad will absorb the vibrations.

If that's not it, then the noise is coming from the mechanics of the pump. There's no generic solution for that other than getting a quieter mechanism.
I’ll try the mouse pad tomorrow and see if that helps. Yea I bought a bigger pump for the air flow but didn’t take into account the increased vibrating noise it puts out. Thanks for the idea

12 on the dot bub anytime

The guys at the border would literally laugh if i tried to cross! :D

Ha!! Great minds think alike!! Thats exactly what i was thinking! I seem to recall my buddy that is right into aquariums stores his bubblers on rubber or foam mats.

I’ll try the mouse pad tomorrow and see if that helps. Yea I bought a bigger pump for the air flow but didn’t take into account the increased vibrating noise it puts out. Thanks for the idea
You might also try taking some of that soft greyish packing material (it has to be flexible and airy..) and surrounding the pump with it. That might help dampen the sound the mehanics make. Though if the pump runs warm I wouldn't suggest trying that.

Build an insulating box out of polystyrene insulation to essentially dampen the outgoing sound??

But a 1/4 inch intake hose on the intake pipe can't even hear mine really now.

You might also try taking some of that soft greyish packing material (it has to be flexible and airy..) and surrounding the pump with it. That might help dampen the sound the mehanics make. Though if the pump runs warm I wouldn't suggest trying that.

Hahahaha beat me to it!! :D Great point on the warm running factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back