Status
Not open for further replies.
If I wait until tomorrow, I'll forget.

Here are the pics..

20180529_211751.jpg

20180529_211735.jpg

20180529_211755.jpg

@912GreenSkell I'll be heading out to the back pond myself to night for some late night crappie fishing, I brought in some monster slabs from a huge slab producing lake in the southern 50states about 3 yrs ago and just been feeding 5gallon buckets worth of minnows to the 8acre pond every 3 months, it's got channel catfish, black crappie, white crappie, largemouth bass, 7 big grass carp, and small mouths. The smalls just got put in last year, this be first time keeping anything from it, I know last week my brother got a almost 3lb black slab from personal log I put in it about 20yrs ago, and I wanna get baked and play with my new glow lights on the boat and my new glow rubber grubs baits I been holding on to for a year now.

Sweet deal! Man i would love to come get some 3 pound crappies!! What time should i be there? ;)

Thanks Bro this helps me a bunch so a larger dehumidifier would be a better option for a 5×5 room then?
If you're trying to lower the humidity, that would be the more economical choice.

If you're trying to lower the temperature in the tent, you'll have to pipe the heat out of the tent. You need a heat exchanger. If you can keep the room the tent is in cool enough, you might be able to get away with the natural exchange of air between the tent and the room using an exhaust fan. The faster you can suck in cool air from the room, the more heat it will be able to remove. Of course, the downside is that you might overwhelm your carbon filter (if using one), and it will be harder to maintain elevated relative humidity in the tent.

It's hard to over emphasize this: Anything that uses electricity you add to the tent will increase the heat being added to the tent. This gets a little techy, but it's how I solved the problem in my tent... A 4x2x5 enclosure.

My first grow I had a ViparSpectra 600 and only grew one plant. The temps were manageable (it was winter at the time, and the room was rather cool), but were still 10 degrees above ambient at best. The rate I had to run the fan meant that the tent wasn't very humid.

Before I started a second grow, I wanted to start growing two plants at a time, so I invested in a second ViparSpectra 600.

The temperature in the tent never went below 90F with both lights on. That wasn't going to do.

Turns out, most LED lights have pitiful efficiency, averaging around 20%. This means for all the energy the fixture draws from the wall (let's say its 200 watts), 160 watts of it is dissipated as heat inside the tent.

I purchased two COBs, that run at closer to 50% efficiency, and only drawing 30 watts apiece.

So with the LED panels, I was dissipating 320 watts of heat, compared to 30 watts with the COBs. The difference has been nothing short of impressive. Tent now at 5 degrees above ambient, which is more than manageable.

Sorry about the long story, but I wanted to show that sometimes it's easier to eliminate what is creating the heat, then trying to exchange it out of the tent.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back