Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dichoti
The best thing about where we live(for fishing i mean) is the raw variety of freshwater fish we have to choose from locally....and hehehe I go after most of these species, or at least I have at different points in my life!

Black Crappie
White Crappie
White Bass
Silver Bass
Jumbo Perch
Sunfish
Smallmouth Bass (4 pounder common)
Largemouth Bass (4 pounder fairly common)
Walleye (including the elusive blue walleye)
Sauger
Northern Pike
Musky
Rainbow Trout
Brown Trout
Brook Trout
Splake
Lake trout
White Fish
Herring
Burbot
Course fish (catfish, carp, dogfish, gar pike)
Salmon (several species)

Pretty hard to get bored with all of those options...especially considering there is trophy potential in most species(stuff like bass, crappie and cats don't grow to the sizes they do in the warmth of the US)

I'd love it.
...although the lack of huge cats would bum me out. We have a ton of thermal pollution, which makes catching a 40+lb cat pretty common place if you know where the deep spots are.
I've got to travel quite a distance to get salmon (Dickie dam, in new york was decent when I went.)
Really don't have much off your list... We've got bass ("black", white, rock), both crappie varieties, pike the next county north, four or five cat varieties, Trout have to be stocked, walleye are rare, Saugeye are common, Burbot are rare but they're here, same with bowfin. Eels, gar, carp, drum, buffalo...
It's a mix of shit that shows how bad the steel mills and farming f@cked up the ecosystem.

4ml of durrty dragon green dragon tincture is down the chute!! If that wont cure what ails me, i don't know what will!!
Some Cures are momentary, but amazingly effective... If it does more good than harm, do it.... I've changed whatever it is you call the text under my name to reflect how I try to approach life. If you wake up the next day no worse for wear, you're doing all-right.

I'd love it.
...although the lack of huge cats would bum me out. We have a ton of thermal pollution, which makes catching a 40+lb cat pretty common place if you know where the deep spots are.
I've got to travel quite a distance to get salmon (Dickie dam, in new york was decent when I went.)
Really don't have much off your list... We've got bass ("black", white, rock), both crappie varieties, pike the next county north, four or five cat varieties, Trout have to be stocked, walleye are rare, Saugeye are common, Burbot are rare but they're here, same with bowfin. Eels, gar, carp, drum, buffalo...
It's a mix of shit that shows how bad the steel mills and farming f@cked up the ecosystem.

Yes no huge cats here...if we pull a 20 pounder we are jumping for joy!!

Some Cures are momentary, but amazingly effective... If it does more good than harm, do it.... I've changed whatever it is you call the text under my name to reflect how I try to approach life. If you wake up the next day no worse for wear, you're doing all-right.

So true!!

Top of the evening my fellow stoners and fisherman

Hey fairly new!! How are you bud? You guys getting the warm weather yet? Still ice on the lakes?

What a warm night my door open the breeze coming through a week and a half ago I went for my last snowmobile ride.
IMG_9102.JPG

Top of the evening my fellow stoners and fisherman

Greets, friend!

@Mike20132 Ah yes right behind knives, ramekins are like gold in a commercial kitchen, ya never got enough

Have several unstable stacks of them on a shelf somewhere... The best part of using them is that in general it is to work up a batch of chocolate mousse.. That and dedicating one for baby bud storage, I rarely use them for much else. Living alone, it's hard to really give a shit how a meal "looks," ya know? Make it pretty, clean more stuff. Dump everything on a plate, clean less stuff. No brainer, really. :rofl:

There is spots of ice in parts of some of the bigger lakes and a bit of snow in the interior of the woods but spring has sprung for 2018 my man 912.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back