Status
Not open for further replies.
My My My what big ears you have Probably so you can hear the critters that are looking at you as lunch .:crying:
DSCN2174.JPG

A touch of good news in a mad world...

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...n/news-story/c67e69230431f4450c0e6fb6535df44b

"
A DISPLACED teenager from one of the world’s poorest countries has emerged as the hero in the Thai cave rescue mission.

Adul Sam-on, a 14-year-old member of the Wild Boars soccer team, played a vital role in the dramatic rescue mission of his teammates and coach.

The teenager is proficient in five languages — English, Thai, Burmese, Mandarin and Wa, a language spoken near the Myanmar and China border.
"

A touch of good news in a mad world...

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...n/news-story/c67e69230431f4450c0e6fb6535df44b

"
A DISPLACED teenager from one of the world’s poorest countries has emerged as the hero in the Thai cave rescue mission.

Adul Sam-on, a 14-year-old member of the Wild Boars soccer team, played a vital role in the dramatic rescue mission of his teammates and coach.

The teenager is proficient in five languages — English, Thai, Burmese, Mandarin and Wa, a language spoken near the Myanmar and China border.
"
I love it!

Sucks that in the US speaking anything other than English can be the start of problems. I can't tell you the amount of times people have said "you people need to speak English" and the looks I get while speaking in other languages publicly.

It really deterred me as a child from wanting to pick up other languages, but my parents reinforced the need for it and I'm grateful for that.

I love it!

Sucks that in the US speaking anything other than English can be the start of problems. I can't tell you the amount of times people have said "you people need to speak English" and the looks I get while speaking in other languages publicly.

It really deterred me as a child from wanting to pick up other languages, but my parents reinforced the need for it and I'm grateful for that.

There was an old joke from the 90's (not a very funny one, but you'll get the point...)

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Tri-lingual
What do you call someone who speaks two languages? Bi-lingual
What do you call someone who speaks one language? American

I heard it told by a Senator, speaking to the inadequacies of the education system in America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back