Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an old joke from the 90's (not a very funny one, but you'll get the point...)

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Tri-lingual
What do you call someone who speaks two languages? Bi-lingual
What do you call someone who speaks one language? American

I heard it told by a Senator, speaking to the inadequacies of the education system in America

The British way of speaking to a non-English speaker is simply to shout slowly....

HH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The British way of speaking to a non-English speaker is simply to shout slowly....

HH

That phenomenon is not exclusive to Britain. I'll never figure out the thinking behind this. "Ok, so they do not understand my language at all. Perhaps if I repeat it louder and slower, they'll suddenly learn the language."

That phenomenon is not exclusive to Britain. I'll never figure out the thinking behind this. "Ok, so they do not understand my language at all. Perhaps if I repeat it louder and slower, they'll suddenly learn the language."

Lol yip. When I go abroad I always learn basics. Good morning, good night, two beers please and are you sure your 18? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

HH

Lol yip. When I go abroad I always learn basics. Good morning, good night, two beers please and are you sure your 18? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

HH

That last bit is important... I always carry one of those phrase books. They do come in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back