Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all - Mind if I post a few pics of one of my plants? I think I have some light burn going on, but want to get more opinions.

49 days old, Fed on a diet of Maxibloom, Floralicious Plus, ArmorSi, plenty of CaliMagic and the occasional blast of Recharge. I have another plant that's a week older and seems to be doing fine at a similar height to the lights but I can't figure out what else it could be other than light burn.

View attachment 926100

View attachment 926102

Any thoughts?

Looks almost like an iron deficiency.... what's the medium?

Could be nute lockout... hows the pH? perhaps a buildup of salts in the medium?

I actually don't check runoff for PH. I used to but it was a huge pain and I wasn't seeing any real need to, but I keep the nutes going in at 5.8-5.9. There was a week or so awhile back where my PH meter died on me and I was adjusting from memory of how many drops of PH down it took but I'm sure it wasn't as accurate as I thought it was. Salt buildup is a possibility, yeah - the coco is second run and I don't flush during a grow. So if this is a lockout, is it likely to be iron? Will a flush with plain PH'd water be the remedy?

I use maxibloom for past ten years in coco never had a iron def. Cheers Chef

Yeah man. I love Maxibloom. Hella cheap, easy, really good results. Can't beat it. :d5:

You got some nut burn, clawing of leaves. salt build up

Assuming I should do so with plain water ph'd to where I usually put it (5.8), yeah? And I'm in a 2 gallon pot - how much runoff you think I should aim for?

I actually don't check runoff for PH. I used to but it was a huge pain and I wasn't seeing any real need to, but I keep the nutes going in at 5.8-5.9. There was a week or so awhile back where my PH meter died on me and I was adjusting from memory of how many drops of PH down it took but I'm sure it wasn't as accurate as I thought it was. Salt buildup is a possibility, yeah - the coco is second run and I don't flush during a grow. So if this is a lockout, is it likely to be iron? Will a flush with plain PH'd water be the remedy?

Yeah man. I love Maxibloom. Hella cheap, easy, really good results. Can't beat it. :d5:
Here's the thing.. I had a very similar problem and visually it was an iron deficiency, but I grow in DWC. The culprit turned out to be a buildup of unused ions. Perhaps to the concentration that they started forming compounds.

Once I flushed the tank out, the plant recovered pretty quickly.

I don't know if this is what is happening with your plant, but a PPM check would verify it. Barring that, just do the flush. I don't think it will make things worse.

Assuming I should do so with plain water ph'd to where I usually put it (5.8), yeah? And I'm in a 2 gallon pot - how much runoff you think I should aim for?
are you strait coco or perlite/coco mix If strait coco 4 gal phed water SLOWLY poured If 70/30 mix or 60/40 perlite mixed same amount just don't have to pour as slow. Check ppm runoff after flush if still at or above 550-600 ppm go with another gallon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back