Status
Not open for further replies.
hey if they don't seem bothered by it,that's cool with us..

Exactly that these girls seem a lot tougher than we give them credit for sometimes, and like it or not not gonna light is high enough already for the rest of the plants so she not gonna be getting any special treatment till some space starts to open up.

Exactly that these girls seem a lot tougher than we give them credit for sometimes, and like it or not not gonna light is high enough already for the rest of the plants so she not gonna be getting any special treatment till some space starts to open up.

I have one on my patio as a "test" to see how it does in: cooler overnight outdoor temps, only 6 solid hours of direct light each day, and a 2-3 liter pot, didn't actually measure. She is doing rather well, I will see if I can snap a pic to attach. These plants are a hell of a lot more tough than people give credit for. I keep wanting to roll some photo's instead of leaning towards perpetual auto's , but every time I read this stuff it keeps reminding me why auto's pulled me in to begin with.

Thanks for the tip. We have enjoyed spaghetti squash this way for a couple of years but just recently using yellow squash and zucchini.

Those yellow summer squash are delicious too. Do you peel them? I like leaving the skins on, but see a lot of people take them off. Shoot yourself in the foot!

I have one on my patio as a "test" to see how it does in: cooler overnight outdoor temps, only 6 solid hours of direct light each day, and a 2-3 liter pot, didn't actually measure. She is doing rather well, I will see if I can snap a pic to attach. These plants are a hell of a lot more tough than people give credit for. I keep wanting to roll some photo's instead of leaning towards perpetual auto's , but every time I read this stuff it keeps reminding me why auto's pulled me in to begin with.

Sounds like a fun test bro, the cooler overnight temps should make for some tasty and frosty flowers come harvest if not slow things down a little in veg. Before i got my indoor setup i used to grow in similar conditions with 6-7 hours of direct sunlight, finishing time were about a month longer but still ended up with a reasonable amount of buddage for zero electricity costs.

Tag us in when you get started will lurk along for sure :pass:

Sounds like a fun test bro, the cooler overnight temps should make for some tasty and frosty flowers come harvest if not slow things down a little in veg. Before i got my indoor setup i used to grow in similar conditions with 6-7 hours of direct sunlight, finishing time were about a month longer but still ended up with a reasonable amount of buddage for zero electricity costs.

Tag us in when you get started will lurk along for sure :pass:

It's already starting to flower, I think I got too carried away with one of the foliar sprays and actually caused it to re-veg a bit after it started to pre-flower, the picture isn't great, but the pre flowers were covered in white pistils, they turned pale amber (might actually be purpleish if I looked with the loupe, which would make sense with the cooler temps) and the pre-flowers swelled up and stretched to the size of a pencil eraser or two, now it's throwing lots of new white pistils and the pre-flowers are starting to actually turn into flowers. Really hoping it just means gigantic pre-flowers turn into gigantic buds! My thoughts exactly on the no electricity aspect. I'm cool with patience for that extra month, as long as the silica helps it withstand the hot summer time to come.

IMG_1796.JPG

It's already starting to flower, I think I got too carried away with one of the foliar sprays and actually caused it to re-veg a bit after it started to pre-flower, the picture isn't great, but the pre flowers were covered in white pistils, they turned pale amber (might actually be purpleish if I looked with the loupe, which would make sense with the cooler temps) and the pre-flowers swelled up and stretched to the size of a pencil eraser or two, now it's throwing lots of new white pistils and the pre-flowers are starting to actually turn into flowers. Really hoping it just means gigantic pre-flowers turn into gigantic buds! My thoughts exactly on the no electricity aspect. I'm cool with patience for that extra month, as long as the silica helps it withstand the hot summer time to come.

View attachment 918674

She looking pretty darn good for the lil pot and being outside this time of the year, the cooler temps should bring out some pretty funky colours as she starts to swell, can also mess a bit with phosphorus uptake so is something worth keeping a eye out for.

Best of luck with her pal and keep us updated :smoking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back