Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading an article about some dude down in Florida who apparently thought he had been sold some bad meth so called the police to ask if they could test it so he could press charges against the dealer if it was bad. Police told him to bring it on down to the station and they would test it. You can guess how that ended up.

70461.jpg

DOH!!!!!!

giphy.gif

You have to wonder what he thought would happen. That the police would hand him back a bag of meth with their seal of approval?

"Hey, I am worried my dealer is trying to kill me, can you make sure this isn't poison?"
"No problem!" (time passes) "Yep, it's all good. Would you like your now confirmed meth back now?"
"Fuckin' A right I do!!!! You guys are the best!"
(sound of handcuffs being applied)

Let this serve as a shining example that natural selection is alive and well.

You have to wonder what he thought would happen. That the police would hand him back a bag of meth with their seal of approval?

"Hey, I am worried my dealer is trying to kill me, can you make sure this isn't poison?"
"No problem!" (time passes) "Yep, it's all good. Would you like your now confirmed meth back now?"
"Fuckin' A right I do!!!! You guys are the best!"
(sound of handcuffs being applied)

Even if it tested to be something completely legal, I have to wonder if his confession that he was trying to buy meth when he got whatever it was, maybe even to the point of trying to get the police to go after the guy for it NOT being meth would be enough to write him up. :jointman:

Even if it tested to be something completely legal, I have to wonder if his confession that he was trying to buy meth when he got whatever it was, maybe even to the point of trying to get the police to go after the guy for it NOT being meth would be enough to write him up. :jointman:
I think it's something they would take note of... I mean how don't you.

But if it was legit, they'd have to let him go, I think.

I would think at minimum it would count as probable cause to pull a search warrant for their home. Odds are someone that slow would have something lying around (out on the coffee table, most likely) that would get them in trouble.

I would think at minimum it would count as probable cause to pull a search warrant for their home. Odds are someone that slow would have something lying around (out on the coffee table, most likely) that would get them in trouble.
I disagree. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I don't think some idiot that brings in a bag of tiny beads of wax suddenly warrants police effort. Whats the crime there? The idiot said "I am hoping this is meth." But if it isn't, whats the crime? Where is the justification for a home invasion? Again, not saying it doesn't happen, but it sure as shit shouldn't. And it sure doesn't meet the requirements for probable cause. Attempting to purchase meth is actually a pretty clear indicator that he doesn't have any at home to begin with. Pretty sure he winds up on some kind of list, but a search warrant? Were I the judge, I'd tell the cops to go pound sand.

I'm pretty certain it's illegally to attempt to purchase drugs.
If you try to buy from a cop, I can see that. Otherwise, how would the cops know? He admitted to it.... I can smell what you're cooking, but I don't think that would win a conviction. I guess it could go either way. They didn't actually catch him in the act of buying it, just talking about it.

I'm pretty certain it's illegally to attempt to purchase drugs.
Hi guys! No, there has to be more than intent to purchase......that is why in sting operations, the cops always wait until there is a exchange of money for drugs....then they have you for at least possession and maybe more depending on the quantities involved. It is for the sale of drugs that intent comes into play. By the nature of the law, the police are allowed to assume that possession of more than x amount of drugs signifies intent and can charge you intent to distribute which is a hell of lot more trouble. In this case, the guy should be sterilized to remove his DNA from the gene pool! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back