Status
Not open for further replies.
I got some sweet candy to go along with megacrop in some autopots. All three of those things are new to me. I’m a little concerned about adding sweet candy to a res like that and the chance of it going funky on me. We’ll see.

I got some sweet candy to go along with megacrop in some autopots. All three of those things are new to me. I’m a little concerned about adding sweet candy to a res like that and the chance of it going funky on me. We’ll see.
Makes sense. Still DWC here and now that I am flushing the tanks every two weeks (weekly when in flower) I think I should be ok.

Iam running that big girl in a Waterfarm with MC and sweet candy with no problems ..I do add hydroguard though
Same here. Hydroguard in every mix. From what I have read, the sweet candy is beneficial to the bacteria introduced by hydroguard.

Win/win over here.

Ya know, even if megacrop under-performs advanced nutrients (and I have my doubts that it will), I am going to switch anyway.

Simplicity is key - and not just because I am a lazy stoner. You reduce the number of variables in a mixture and you reduce the chances of making a mistake. And in the case of mixing dry vs liquid nutrients you also have much less glassware to maintain and keep clean.

I have been using disposable plastic pipettes to measure out 7 (count em) 7 different liquid ingredients for every batch of food I made with AN. While cheap, 7 per batch adds up. Also handling 7 different bottles. Pain in the ass.

With dry ingredients, you measure out the right weight and toss it into the water. That is already easier, but now that I only have, at most, three ingredients to deal with (and only three if it winds up needing the PK boost during flower), switching is pretty much a no-brainer.

Topping it all off, dry ingredients if stored properly will outlast pre-mixed liquid solutions by a wide margin. And they take up less space to boot.

Consider me a convert, and I am not even out of seedling stage yet.

I love poking my head in the tent, and finding my girls have turned into shrubs...
20180825_220732.jpg

Ya know, even if megacrop under-performs advanced nutrients (and I have my doubts that it will), I am going to switch anyway.

Simplicity is key - and not just because I am a lazy stoner. You reduce the number of variables in a mixture and you reduce the chances of making a mistake. And in the case of mixing dry vs liquid nutrients you also have much less glassware to maintain and keep clean.

I have been using disposable plastic pipettes to measure out 7 (count em) 7 different liquid ingredients for every batch of food I made with AN. While cheap, 7 per batch adds up. Also handling 7 different bottles. Pain in the ass.

With dry ingredients, you measure out the right weight and toss it into the water. That is already easier, but now that I only have, at most, three ingredients to deal with (and only three if it winds up needing the PK boost during flower), switching is pretty much a no-brainer.

Topping it all off, dry ingredients if stored properly will outlast pre-mixed liquid solutions by a wide margin. And they take up less space to boot.

Consider me a convert, and I am not even out of seedling stage yet.

Hear! Hear! I agree..........simplicity and limiting variables is the way to go in most any endeavor. Less measuring and mixing means less chance of errors......especially important if you are mixing nutes while blasted! LOL!

How can I not be in love with a Fallout game that takes place in my neighborhood?

And just in time for Thanksgiving, too.

I am incredibly excited for this..

"Take me home....."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back