Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure i will just buy enough banks that i will be able to run non stop for the full 7 days and not need to worry about it. Its only another $40cad(2 more jackery thunders) and i am more than there. Enough juice to run the camera,sonar and the phone if needed. If i buy 3 i have enough to run everything i have(speaker as well)

Loving this cheese..

The Kush should be peeking above ground tomorrow.. Should finish about the same time as the strawberry nuggets.. Will be nice to harvest all that just before the winter kicks in.

I have never had too much interest in that sort of thing until i started looking for options for my icefishing toys(did i say toys...i meant tools!!). One of the biggest reasons i had to do something, was the discharge rate in extreme cold. Even in -10C, my standard AA rechargables were losing too much to the cold. I had to do something....the once a day charging was a pain in the ass on a 7 day fishing trip, and i wasnt about to head to a heavy lead battery (like a lawnmower battery).

That will be a problem with any battery, really. Maybe some of those "hand warmer" iron powder packs in a bag with the new packs?

@Mike20132 - I was looking at what you are talking about...there was some guys making banks out of old laptop cells.

I saw another video where someone was stacking pairs of 12V car batteries to bulk up the capacity of a PC UPS. Cool stuff, really.

I figure i will just buy enough banks that i will be able to run non stop for the full 7 days and not need to worry about it. Its only another $40cad(2 more jackery thunders) and i am more than there. Enough juice to run the camera,sonar and the phone if needed. If i buy 3 i have enough to run everything i have(speaker as well)

Give some thought to a solar charger. They aren't much, and they'll really save your ass if you need them.

So I haven't poked my head in here in a long time! Since then, I've done a bunch of work in autos, and have made my own strain, combining GSC and Northern Lights being the most notable.

I've also gotten my medical card AND my license to grow. Right now I have 9 ladies flowering that are all photos, and 7 auto seeds going. :)

That will be a problem with any battery, really. Maybe some of those "hand warmer" iron powder packs in a bag with the new packs?

That is what i was doing last year...running the handwarmers, and they helped out quite a bit.

saw another video where someone was stacking pairs of 12V car batteries to bulk up the capacity of a PC UPS. Cool stuff, really

Cool!! It really is neat stuff!!

Give some thought to a solar charger. They aren't much, and they'll really save your ass if you need them.

The problem with a solar charger is the extreme cold conditions...to be out in the sun it will be -30C or colder some days, and the lack of solar intensity in the winter....not to mention that at least half the days we are up there its overcast/snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back