Status
Not open for further replies.
Doin' well. Too stoned to worry about much of anything, really.

Hope you will share some pics of this when its done.

For sure i will man...i have the entire perimeter of the garden under sight with the 6 i have installed today.

Oh hey update for you...the 2 anker power banks for cheap deal fell through(like you said it was too good of a deal!!) I did a shitload of research trying to find some good cheap banks to use. I was researching and found a bit of an issue. A bunch of guys were saying that power banks wont run the camera/sonar due to the 5v output limitation on the USB cord. Further research I found a cord that is called a step up cord which takes the USB cord from 5V to 12V. So yeah, i ended up buying a pair of banks to try. Both come with exceptional reviews. Bought a Jackery thunder 10050 mah (qualcom quick charge) and a Ravpower 16750. I figure even with both of these charged before a week trip i will be able to run my underwater camera for a full week every day. When i have a bit more cash i will double down and buy a couple more for my Sonar/Flasher. Awesome, thanks for the information about that stuff man. Super happy my energy issue is almost solved!!

Get ya a couple pits or rocks eat them thieves ass up :headbang:

If i was in the states, i would be sitting out there with a stoner 96, and thieves would learn fear. Dogs are a no go...too many cattle walking around and too many coyotes and wolves at night. Would be too much hassle for me to deal with.

Stoner 96 (LOL)
400px-StonerM63.jpg

For sure i will man...i have the entire perimeter of the garden under sight with the 6 i have installed today.

Oh hey update for you...the 2 anker power banks for cheap deal fell through(like you said it was too good of a deal!!) I did a shitload of research trying to find some good cheap banks to use. I was researching and found a bit of an issue. A bunch of guys were saying that power banks wont run the camera/sonar due to the 5v output limitation on the USB cord. Further research I found a cord that is called a step up cord which takes the USB cord from 5V to 12V. So yeah, i ended up buying a pair of banks to try. Both come with exceptional reviews. Bought a Jackery thunder 10050 mah (qualcom quick charge) and a Ravpower 16750. I figure even with both of these charged before a week trip i will be able to run my underwater camera for a full week every day. When i have a bit more cash i will double down and buy a couple more for my Sonar/Flasher. Awesome, thanks for the information about that stuff man. Super happy my energy issue is almost solved!!
Gotta tell ya... Outside of heavy-as-hell lead/acid batteries, there's not much that can match the energy density AND discharge capacity of Lithium based solutions.

I am really keen on backup power solutions, even if 90% of what I want to do I will never be able to afford... The tech itself is really fascinating to me.

You know those old APC UPS systems for computers? What never occurred to me, but is absolutely true, is that you can stack as many batteries as you want onto it, and as long as you present the right voltage it will extend the run-time.

Given that it doesn't take too many solar panels in series to get up to 12v, it's not too far fetched to be able to make a very very high capacity backup system that charges from the sun.

Love this stuff

:cheers:

Gotta tell ya... Outside of heavy-as-hell lead/acid batteries, there's not much that can match the energy density AND discharge capacity of Lithium based solutions.

I am really keen on backup power solutions, even if 90% of what I want to do I will never be able to afford... The tech itself is really fascinating to me.

You know those old APC UPS systems for computers? What never occurred to me, but is absolutely true, is that you can stack as many batteries as you want onto it, and as long as you present the right voltage it will extend the run-time.

Given that it doesn't take too many solar panels in series to get up to 12v, it's not too far fetched to be able to make a very very high capacity backup system that charges from the sun.

Love this stuff

:cheers:

I have never had too much interest in that sort of thing until i started looking for options for my icefishing toys(did i say toys...i meant tools!!). One of the biggest reasons i had to do something, was the discharge rate in extreme cold. Even in -10C, my standard AA rechargables were losing too much to the cold. I had to do something....the once a day charging was a pain in the ass on a 7 day fishing trip, and i wasnt about to head to a heavy lead battery (like a lawnmower battery).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back