Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning peeps, lovely morning in the UK. As the late Rodney King once said "can't we all just get along?"

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Mornin’

Good morning! Lovely crisp air out there. Already watering the grass and garden plants. Only a few more days of this intense heat to go and then it should cool down a bit.

How about you guys in the U.K.? I am here in Czech. Weather hasn't been as hot as you have had, but pretty hot.

I’m in US San Fran

The heat seems to have settled down here for now. Still a bit high, but at least I can still plan for it. Its the surprise storms that really mess with things
I don't grow outside anymore, but I know what you mean. Freak storms can really mess with your schedule and just trying to control the environment as best you can.

Good luck. I hope you have a great harvest! It won't be long now.

Hey bud....please don't be disrespectful in your comments. Sure a conversation like this can get a little heated, but no need to throw down insulting comments.

Up until now i pretty much agreed with you. I don't support any companies that monsanto supports or is part of, simply because i don't agree with their practice(I am a farmer and have read what they have done and continue to do to small scale farmers), and their many poisonous products. However....if one chooses to be okay with the recent buyout of GH or Botanicare(or whoever else they recently bought up), and are okay with the parent company practices, then its not our place to criticize their choice. Yes we should inform them, but if they know, and are okay with helping to make monsanto an even stronger entity in north america, then we should respect their decision.

MIke obviously knows about monsantos relationship with GH, and obviously he feels that the GH products are worth using for their effectiveness versus cost. We should respect his decision, or at least not be disrespectful about the decision he made.

I almost got some GH after reading good things about it, and this is when i noticed an article about the recent buyout and monsanto controlling a bunch of fertilizer companies. I immediately took it off the list to try. Sure i make sure that folks know who is getting some their hard earned cash, but I also respect their decision.
It is a bit of a catch-22. I don't think the people that make this stuff should be punished for what their management did, and if the product works as well as my respect for the makers assumes, then I really don't want to let the politics cloud my decisions.

As it turns out, I don't even use their stuff, but I know it to be amazing and I hate to think that the people that worked to create it will be left hurting by decisions out of their control.

I think this is the last time I will talk about this. I never meant it to be a distraction.

I don't grow outside anymore, but I know what you mean. Freak storms can really mess with your schedule and just trying to control the environment as best you can.

Good luck. I hope you have a great harvest! It won't be long now.

We get some pretty insane weather over here...2 weeks ago it was 100km wind and hail...ouch!! Last 2 weeks its been super hot and storms every other day. Fortunately the plants are big enough(don't need them to be any bigger) and are not so far into flower that its not a huge deal

It is a bit of a catch-22. I don't think the people that make this stuff should be punished for what their management did, and if the product works as well as my respect for the makers assumes, then I really don't want to let the politics cloud my decisions.

As it turns out, I don't even use their stuff, but I know it to be amazing and I hate to think that the people that worked to create it will be left hurting by decisions out of their control.

I think this is the last time I will talk about this. I never meant it to be a distraction.

I hear what you are saying man.

We get some pretty insane weather over here...2 weeks ago it was 100km wind and hail...ouch!! Last 2 weeks its been super hot and storms every other day. Fortunately the plants are big enough(don't need them to be any bigger) and are not so far into flower that its not a huge deal

That is rough to keep things safe for the ladies when you have that going on. I am in a safe little notch in the mountains and we have a very stable climate for the most part here. I still don't grow outside anymore though. I just don't need to, but I do miss it. The size of the girls was always a beautiful site, but in the end, I chose to movement it all indoors and control the grow better. Now summers can be for resting and relaxing mostly.

That ANQ grow I had was supposed to end in June and just ran on forever. I like to take July and August off so I am not fighting temps at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back