Status
Not open for further replies.
You're dead on, D. It's not snake oil, they do have a place in your grow room. They let you raise phosphorous and potash levels in your grow without adding more nitrogen. The owner of AN has had some pretty offensive things to say about GH over the years, 99% of which is BS. AN has some good products but I won't do business with assholes. So next time you're in your hydro store, tell your guy I said he's full of tomato paste that was growing in shit.
AN's P and K is no different that GH's. And I've used KoolBloom for years and can assure you it does NOT affect the taste of your weed.
Most of GH's (and other vendors) additives have a place and purpose and will help total yield, but as a general rule, I find GH's recommended dosages are off by about 50% (too much) and their bloom feed schedules by 35 - 50% too much as well.
Diamond Nectar, KoolBloom and Floralicious Plus I'm total sold on. I won't grow without them.
ArmorSi and CalMag - don't leave home without them, ESPECIALLY IF you're using RO or have naturally soft water.
FloraNectar and FloraBlend? I use them, but might play with leaving them out one day. I'm just not sure enough to NOT use them. Sorry me.
If you have the time, look at @Autotron 's grow thread at starting at about page 3 - https://www.autoflower.org/threads/autotron-does-hso-uk-cheese-hydro-cob.66293/page-3 I laid out some tried and proven dosages from years of experience that work practically every time.
And kudo's to you for calling BS on your hydro guy!!!
:worship:

It actually gets worse for AN, check big mikes criminal history. Back in 2013 he was convicted and the reason emerald harvast was started. The chemists made their own company probably out of disgust. I’m 100% anti-an

It actually gets worse for AN, check big mikes criminal history. Back in 2013 he was convicted and the reason emerald harvast was started. The chemists made their own company probably out of disgust. I’m 100% anti-an
I haven't heard a word of that - not saying it's not true - it probably is - but I've never heard of it.

That said, I don't generally research the criminal history of a company before I purchase products from them.

And I don't see how that affects the value of their products. If they work, they work.

I'm growing weed, not making a political statement.

Gh is now owned by scotts and they are investing millions in reaserch soils etc for cannabis. Just as the 3 largest tobbacco companies are buying land at premium in the central valley of California. I dont think its for tobbacco. In this country alone multi billion dollar industry

I think everyone is worrying the fact who bought gh nutes,

Monsanto and many other GMO (genetically modified organism) and biotech corporations are looking at GMO marijuana as another valuable plant to genetically decode and/or modify for commercial purposes.

Monsanto publicly denied that it’s interested in GMO marijuana research, but the scientist said they’re definitely involved in it, because marijuana is already a multi-billion dollar plant and the market for it is getting bigger.

Monsanto and other GMO companies genetically modify corn, soy, and other crops so those crops can’t be grown without use of expensive chemicals or other crop inputs manufactured or sold by Monsanto or allied companies.

They also seek to patent plants, so people can’t use the seeds without paying a licensing fee.

The scientist noted that the recent purchase of General Hydroponics by a subsidiary of Scotts Miracle-Gro is a warning sign… because Scotts MiracleGro is a very intimate business ally of Monsanto and is itself in the business of creating genetically modified crops.

I think everyone is worrying the fact who bought gh nutes,

Monsanto and many other GMO (genetically modified organism) and biotech corporations are looking at GMO marijuana as another valuable plant to genetically decode and/or modify for commercial purposes.

Monsanto publicly denied that it’s interested in GMO marijuana research, but the scientist said they’re definitely involved in it, because marijuana is already a multi-billion dollar plant and the market for it is getting bigger.

Monsanto and other GMO companies genetically modify corn, soy, and other crops so those crops can’t be grown without use of expensive chemicals or other crop inputs manufactured or sold by Monsanto or allied companies.

They also seek to patent plants, so people can’t use the seeds without paying a licensing fee.

The scientist noted that the recent purchase of General Hydroponics by a subsidiary of Scotts Miracle-Gro is a warning sign… because Scotts MiracleGro is a very intimate business ally of Monsanto and is itself in the business of creating genetically modified crops.
Do you expect that this means that GH will suddenly modify their formulas? If not, then what is the big deal who owns them? It's ions chelated so as to dissolve in water and be taken up by the plants. Ions don't have genes. I have no idea what the big fuss is about.

Do you expect that this means that GH will suddenly modify their formulas? If not, then what is the big deal who owns them? It's ions chelated so as to dissolve in water and be taken up by the plants. Ions don't have genes. I have no idea what the big fuss is about.

Hold on who said anything about expecting the change of gh nutes , I dont use them and don’t give a monkeys even if they mix piss in it,

What’s the big deal who owns them :crying:

I won’t be giving my money too Monsanto

That’s why I avoid them pal.

I agree with you there bud Monsanto are the devil and will not be getting my hard earned either!
Hold on who said anything about expecting the change of gh, I d t use them and don’t give a monkeys even if the mix piss in it,

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Hold on who said anything about expecting the change of gh, I d t use them and don’t give a monkeys even if the mix piss in it,

That;s cool. I mean if that's the direction you want to go.

I don't see how monsanto getting a few pennies of my purchase means a damn thing in the grand scheme of things. If I have issues with how they do business, then I have to decide if that is enough for me to give up a product that they had nothing at all to do with.

All I care about at the end of the day is that my plants do well. If I have issues with how a larger corporation is doing things, there are effective ways to change things (like protests, petitions, etc.), and then there is just not giving them a few pennies a month. Boycotting is tremendously ineffective in cases like this (and it actually hurts the people that ARENT monsanto much more), even if it makes you feel better, and the end result is that you are hurt more than the company you protest.

If I am choosing a hill to die on, that ain't it.

I agree with you there bud Monsanto are the devil and will not be getting my hard earned either!

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Small detailed history on Monsanto

PCBs were considered an industrial wonder chemical, an oil that wouldn’t burn, impervious to degradation and had almost limitless applications. Today PCBs are considered one of the gravest chemical threats on the planet. Widely used as lubricants, hydraulic fluids, cutting oils, waterproof coatings and liquid sealants, are potent carcinogens and have been implicated in reproductive, developmental and immune system disorders. The world’s center of PCB manufacturing was Monsanto’s plant on the outskirts of East St. Louis, Illinois, which has the highest rate of fetal death and immature births in the state.”(1)

Even though PCBs were eventually banned after fifty years for causing such devastation, it is still present in just about all animal and human blood and tissue cells across the globe. Documents introduced in court later showed Monsanto was fully aware of the deadly effects, but criminally hid them from the public to keep the PCB gravy-train going full speed!

1930s: Created its first hybrid seed corn and expands into detergents, soaps, industrial cleaning products, synthetic rubbers and plastics. Oh yes, all toxic of course!

1940s: They begin research on uranium to be used for the Manhattan Project’s first atomic bomb, which would later be dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, killing hundreds of thousands of Japanese, Korean and US Military servicemen and poisoning millions more.

The company continues its unabated killing spree by creating pesticides for agriculture containing deadly dioxin, which poisons the food and water supplies. It was later discovered Monsanto failed to disclose that dioxin was used in a wide range of their products because doing so would force them to acknowledge that it had created an environmental Hell on Earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back