Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the roof done...one wall is done, and a half of a second wall. Likely 3 more days and it will be ready for power and finally get all of the cameras and siren tower, ect all hooked up
Cool hey I saw you got herring for ice fishing this winter What do you do just cut 2 inch sections

Cool hey I saw you got herring for ice fishing this winter What do you do just cut 2 inch sections

No sir....are you sitting down? We use full size 12" baits...got into it last year when my buddy caught a small herring(10") and we threw it on a large quick strike rig under a tip up...wasnt down for 3 hours and bang!! That same herring caught a 15 pund lake trout, and 8 pound ling and a 10+ pound lake trout, before it got lost to a fish...needless to say it totally changed our gameplans for our trip this year!! Especially since i am bunking out in the hut this year :D Huts are made to have your second legal rod be a big one....go big or dont bother hanging outside!!

No sir....are you sitting down? We use full size 12" baits...got into it last year when my buddy caught a small herring(10") and we threw it on a large quick strike rig under a tip up...wasnt down for 3 hours and bang!! That same herring caught a 15 pund lake trout, and 8 pound ling and a 10+ pound lake trout, before it got lost to a fish...needless to say it totally changed our gameplans for our trip this year!! Especially since i am bunking out in the hut this year :D Huts are made to have your second legal rod be a big one....go big or dont both hanging outside!!
Cool man I have never been ice fishing before. Different world of fishing!! Its cool how many different styles of fishing there are based upon climate species and tides water color etc

Cool man I have never been ice fishing before. Different world of fishing!! Its cool how many different styles of fishing there are based upon climate species and tides water color etc

Its taken me and my buddy over 20 years of dedicated ice fishing to find the awesome spots, and figure out how to catch them. Its a very different gig than summer fishing!! Summer fishing in the right spot is shooting fish in a barrel around here!! Ice fishing is super slow unless you are on the right spot and using the right tricks!! We are all about real time flasher sonars...its literally attract the fish in and them you have to mess with them to get them fired up...while watching the screen you can see your fishing lure and the fish following your lure. Do the right stuff and its game on!! Do the wrong thing, and the mark on the screen(a fish) slowly will drift away, leaving you with nothing but a broken heart! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back