Status
Not open for further replies.
Must have missed it, or I would have certainly replied... what was the jist of it?

since I'm a jungle river prime member, I have free access to thousands of movies and TV episodes........what do I need to hook my laptop to my TV so I can watch them on a big screen? Thx!

i maybe have 40 mugs +/- a few.
id be on my 6th or 7th by 1pm :coffee2: and as the day goes on i get faster.
:pighug:

Sounds like me with coffee.......I'm sure I'm going to be told to cut way back or switch to decaf........ugh, gag me with a back hoe!

since I'm a jungle river prime member, I have free access to thousands of movies and TV episodes........what do I need to hook my laptop to my TV so I can watch them on a big screen? Thx!

There are two approaches you can take. Both require the TV has a spare HDMI connection.

Option 1: Display mirroring. Some laptops have a video port you can use to connect to a projector (which is really just presenting itself as a computer monitor to the laptop). Depending on the model of laptop you have, this may support a direct connection to your TV, and if that is possible you can just duplicate what you see on the laptop on the TV. I'd need make and model of the TV and Laptop to really give you any particulars.

Option 2: Jungle River Fire Stick TV. Plug this into your TV and you can watch all your favorite jungle videos on the TV (it comes with a rather neat remote, too) and you will also be able to do other things on the laptop. The device you need I think costs about $40, but it probably isn't much more than any cables/adapters you might need for option 1.

I have both the fire stick and a chromecast. Chromecast is better, but it is not compatible with Jungle River stuff. You can sort of use it, in that you can just cast the whole screen, but then that's no better than the aforementioned Option 1.

I honestly never really use either, since I don't watch much TV these days. If that changes, lord knows I am all set for content!

@hesgone13 Also you should know I *did* see your original question. I spent about an hour trying to figure out what the hell a "jungle river prime" membership was. Then I went to bed and forgot about it.

:pass:

There are two approaches you can take. Both require the TV has a spare HDMI connection.

Option 1: Display mirroring. Some laptops have a video port you can use to connect to a projector (which is really just presenting itself as a computer monitor to the laptop). Depending on the model of laptop you have, this may support a direct connection to your TV, and if that is possible you can just duplicate what you see on the laptop on the TV. I'd need make and model of the TV and Laptop to really give you any particulars.

Option 2: Jungle River Fire Stick TV. Plug this into your TV and you can watch all your favorite jungle videos on the TV (it comes with a rather neat remote, too) and you will also be able to do other things on the laptop. The device you need I think costs about $40, but it probably isn't much more than any cables/adapters you might need for option 1.

I have both the fire stick and a chromecast. Chromecast is better, but it is not compatible with Jungle River stuff. You can sort of use it, in that you can just cast the whole screen, but then that's no better than the aforementioned Option 1.

I honestly never really use either, since I don't watch much TV these days. If that changes, lord knows I am all set for content!

I have a Lenovo ideapad 110 and a Vizio D series LED 48" TV. I seem to remember when my son was home from the 'stan the last time, he had a bunch of movies on his laptop and just plugged a cable from his laptop into my TV...that was my old Panasonic Viera, tho'. Oh, do have spare HDMI port!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back