Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive never had white but we have done sweet purple bell peppers before. None of us were huge fans of the purple or the sweet chocolate peppers either. The taste really is different tough!

@912GreenSkell ...Blanco..............I can save you some seed for next season if you want.......

IMG_5312.JPG

Different taste to the yellows....:headbang:

Pretty sure I am still staff :D :D :D

Would that be because you have a badge that says Staff Member on your Profile............:crying:...and @arty zan is Staff on gardening leave....he might as well grow pumpkins on it....

:crying:

Nope...just for staff......................:eyebrows:..and ex-staff....@arty zan ......me and @Ash-a-Ton are the noobs and @Root AND @Eekman are the Ringers.....they have grown them before.....:biggrin:

Okay...anyone ,,,( who doesn't grow too well ) will be allowed to join in....................if I'm bribed enough.............:eyebrows:....

grow ferts only in the hole.............

View attachment 935207

View attachment 935208

Soil only hole.......:headbang:..leaves still in good condition...but massive difference in size...

View attachment 935209

3rd plot given grow food and flower food complete menu......:headbang:......not Happy at all.........

View attachment 935210

The 3 Normal pumpkins..no amendments in the plot..:headbang:

1 is the winner hands down.

Those crinkly leaves makes me think the ferts wert too hot.

I'm gonna give a tip for Cucurbits like squash , gourds and pumpkins. they like load of organic matter anything which is well composted.
They like warm roots and moist feet!
Dig a square pit and fill with compost and slightly firm it as you go but not so it compacts until it is a mound.
Then dig a small trench around where you have filled with compost.
You then take some thick plastic sheet and cover the mound and bury the edges in the trench, keeping the plast kinda taught so any water runs of.
you then cut a small hole at the front and in set a 4" pipe and fill with stones, this is where you water and feed you pumpkin.
Marrows and pumpkins are very susceptible to neck roots and it is when water gets on the stalk it can rot.
By feeding through the pipe you get water and nutes straight to the roots and no neck rot.
Furthermore earlier in the season the black plastic warms the soil and creates a microclimate at night keeping your young plant warm.
At the start this is 100% hand water/feed and you may find eventually the roots may get past the plastic and find additional water but when you want to grow the best it can sometimes mean adopting a method which is labour intensive ie a labour of love.
Dunno if that is any help, oh almost forgot the plastic sheet as long as the soil has been well watered , the plastic sheet stops evaporation from the soil.
As A pumpkin plant is bigger than a courgette plant , maybe wise to have a watering pipe on four sides?

Last edited:
1 is the winner hands down.

Those crinkly leaves makes me think the ferts wert too hot.

I'm gonna give a tip for Cucurbits like squash , gourds and pumpkins. they like load of organic matter anything which is well composted.
They like warm roots and moist feet!
Dig a square pit and fill with compost and slightly firm it as you go but not so it compacts until it is a mound.
Then dig a small trench around where you have filled with compost.
You then take some thick plastic sheet and cover the mound and bury the edges in the trench, keeping the plast kinda taught so any water runs of.
you then cut a small hole at the front and in set a 4" pipe and fill with stones, this is where you water and feed you pumpkin.
Marrows and pumpkins are very susceptible to neck rot, and it is when water gets on the stalk it can rot.
By feeding through the pipe you get water and nutes straight to the roots and no neck rot.
Furthermore earlier in the season the black plastic warms the soil and creates a microclimate at night keeping your young plant warm.
At the start this is 100% hand water/feed and you may find eventually the rots may get past the plastic and find additional water but when you want to grow the best it can sometimes mean adopting a method which is labour intensive ie a labour of love.
Dunno if that is any help, oh almost forgot the plastic sheet as long as there soil has been well watered , the plastic sheet stop evaporation from the soil.
As A pumpkin plant is bigger than a courgette plant , maybe wise to have a watering pipe on four sides?

The full menu one got the pipe and hydro balls... the grow plot got a fluck off big bucket sunk in the soil.....they still get the same amount of fluids...

Also...on the full menu one..it Could be Hot ferts..it could be my over cal/high PH problem.....:headbang:..the zuccini are the same...yellow squash worse..but I am amending with sequestered iron and it Seems to be doing the job...I just may need higher dosage and also faster amendments...

IMG_5315.JPG

What do you think of me tomato.......?........:pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back