Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rollin_along @midIN and Anyone else wanting to do a DIY LED build or talk about it.

Due to the safety aspects of DIY LED grow light building, we set up a DIY LED light forum.

@BigSm0 & @pop22 are very knowledgeable guys and can help you out when needed.

They will also take down any posts of builds that are dangerous and could endanger our members if they copied it.

This is where ALL TALK & POSTS about Building LED Grow Lights should be.

Please could you post and keep all talk of builds in that forum guys!

Just like the BHO forum, DIY LED is not to be talked about elsewhere in the AFN forums, especially Live Stoners!

I am no longer a moderator, preferring to take things a little more easy these days but it was I, who asked for and created the DIY LED forum, furthermore, I am also the author of the DIY LED disclaimer, which must be read first, before posting in the DIY LED section.

Sorry to be any hassle , just the way things are ,this is so we can keep our members safe!

All AFN members must read this post before building and posting in the DIY LED forum.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...ore-building-and-posting-in-this-forum.54852/

The DIY LED forum is here!!
https://www.autoflower.org/forums/do-it-yourself-led-building.343/

Big love to all LED light builders, we love what you do!!:bighug::pass:

:slap:

How did you dry your peppers, and how did you grind them? I am a little afraid to grind to much and put it into the air. Will have to do outside for sure.

I just laid them out on stainless 1/4" cooling racks in the warm garage, if I remember right. For grinding I just use a marble mortar and pestle after chopping up rough with a knife. I guess they weren't really ground to a powder or anything, more or less pulverized. I bet you could use a coffee grinder and put it inside a gallon ziplock, that would help contain it. But an excellent topping on most anything. And feel very strongly that they help keep you healthy and are an important part of everyones diet, spicy and sweet. Have you seen any of the Chef's Table stuff on Netflix? Basically all the chefs featured on there are my heroes.

How did you dry your peppers, and how did you grind them? I am a little afraid to grind to much and put it into the air. Will have to do outside for sure.

I just laid them out on stainless 1/4" cooling racks in the warm garage, if I remember right. For grinding I just use a marble mortar and pestle after chopping up rough with a knife. I guess they weren't really ground to a powder or anything, more or less pulverized. I bet you could use a coffee grinder and that would contain it. But an excellent topping on most anything. And feel very strongly that they help keep you healthy and are an important part of everyones diet, spicy and sweet. Have you seen any of the Chef's Table stuff on Netflix? Basically all the chefs featured on there are my heroes.

When I did a batch of cayenne a few years back, I used the blender. Do it outside, and consider goggles and breathing mask. You have to kind of pick it up by the base, holding the container part on so it all stays together and shake things around a bit to keep stuff hitting the blades but it'll powderize them pretty well. Except for the seeds...it tended to leave them whole. Which is where I think a mortar and pestle setup would work better. I wonder how well just buying a really big cannabis herb grinder from a head shop and using that would work?

I did the blender after smoking for a few hours in the pellet grill and then completely drying them in a dehydrator. Miss that powder...was a great little seasoning to add just about anything that could use a little kick. :fire:

I just laid them out on stainless 1/4" cooling racks in the warm garage, if I remember right. For grinding I just use a marble mortar and pestle after chopping up rough with a knife. I guess they weren't really ground to a powder or anything, more or less pulverized. I bet you could use a coffee grinder and put it inside a gallon ziplock, that would help contain it. But an excellent topping on most anything. And feel very strongly that they help keep you healthy and are an important part of everyones diet, spicy and sweet. Have you seen any of the Chef's Table stuff on Netflix? Basically all the chefs featured on there are my heroes.
Cool, I'll give that a shot. No, I dont have Netflix. Thanks bud!

Nice @Ozone69 I just got a new smoker myself, will definitely have to put a batch of peppers on it! The herb grinder would work amazing I bet, and keep the seeds mostly whole.

This pepper talk makes me think how I would like to see more cannabis strains with peppery flavors and aromas to them.

When I did a batch of cayenne a few years back, I used the blender. Do it outside, and consider goggles and breathing mask. You have to kind of pick it up by the base, holding the container part on so it all stays together and shake things around a bit to keep stuff hitting the blades but it'll powderize them pretty well. Except for the seeds...it tended to leave them whole. Which is where I think a mortar and pestle setup would work better. I wonder how well just buying a really big cannabis herb grinder from a head shop and using that would work?

I did the blender after smoking for a few hours in the pellet grill and then completely drying them in a dehydrator. Miss that powder...was a great little seasoning to add just about anything that could use a little kick. :fire:
Nice, I was thinking about a dehydrator but that's $30 I could spent on bud hahaha. Good stuff will put info to practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back