Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha i try to get away at least twice a year as well, October can't get here soon enough for my next trip. What sort of fish are they? I have only ever seen ice fishing on tv.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

The first and last pic are Walleye(very sought after gamefish for prime meat), and the two in between are Lake Trout. We catch around a dozen walleye per man per day through the ices and most days 2-3 lake trout around that size(10-18lbs). Also catch some other species like herring(2-3 a week) ,whitefish(1-2 a week), ling cod(2-3 a day), and northern pike(1-2 a week) in the same location.

The first and last pic are Walleye(very sought after gamefish for prime meat), and the two in between are Lake Trout. We catch around a dozen walleye per man per day through the ices and most days 2-3 lake trout around that size(10-18lbs). Also catch some other species like herring(2-3 a week) ,whitefish(1-2 a week), ling cod(2-3 a day), and northern pike(1-2 a week) in the same location.
Sounds like paradise!! Not sure on the cold weather though.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Man that’s crazy, enjoy sun one day and snow the other. Awesome. I be ypu have some horrible natural disasters.

Yeah the weather up here is friggin crazy sometimes!! On that trip the ice was so thick, that our 4foot gas auger barely made it through!!!! Yeah in the summer we have some pretty insane weahter that happens...tornados, ice storms, high wind...its pretty amazing that most seasons my plants make it through all of the shit momma nature whips out!! Last year a tornado dropped down within 1 mile of the plants.

in a pinch you can always set up the camera on a stack of books or something....then use the 2 second timer and press the button and let it stabilize for a perfect shot
Thanks again........got that written down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back