Status
Not open for further replies.
Find me one who lives next to the ocean and prefers it over saltwater fish :chef:

I mean I don’t like broccoli either and plenty of people love that shit lol

Hahaha I got one! My brother, he prefers to go and catch speckled trout(eastern brook trout), than get ocean fish and he lives on the edge of the ocean in new brunswick canada

Last reef trip!
2d6a83167e8746b904be7cf4c3a56f41.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

I also think water quality has a lot to do with flavor!

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

I have a buddy from Wisconsin who says he’d never eat a fresh water fish he caught where I live, but he swears they are delicious when caught from the giant lakes where he lives. I’m also told they taste better when you catch them through the ice.

Hahaha I got one! My brother, he prefers to go and catch speckled trout(eastern brook trout), than get ocean fish and he lives on the edge of the ocean in new brunswick canada

The sad part of this whole discussion is the fact that unless you can catch your own in either type of water........you're SOL 'cause the stuff is so expensive I can only afford it rarely and I live 3 hours from the Chesapeake Bay. Less than 25 years ago, fish were a cheap, readily available source of protein.....but, as usual, we didn't know when to stop!

I have a buddy from Wisconsin who says he’d never eat a fresh water fish he caught where I live, but he swears they are delicious when caught from the giant lakes where he lives. I’m also told they taste better when you catch them through the ice.

Interesting!! I have never noticed a difference in summer or winter caught walleye....fish like crazy through the ice, more than in the summer these days for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back