Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon folks.
The UK isn't known for it's balmy hot weather but even in usual summer you can find yourself in your grow room.
Usually I don't grow in the hot months (july & august and a couple of weeks either side giving me 3 month break.
Having to constantly be battling heat and having get home to water, can get in the way when try to have fun in the sun.

Not so long ago I ordered a new vaporiser but the company I ordered from had run out of stock, so I chose some Trippy Gorilla Auto seeds by BigHead Seeds (a cross of Gorilla Glue#4 & Bighead [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]) as I didn't any of the other vapes they sold.
Getting some new genetics started to get under my skin, who doesn't want to see what their new beans can do...right?
With these seeds being touted as some of the highest THC Auto seeds out there @25%-28%, I got itchy fingers and germed four of the 10 I ordered.
We had had a bit of heat in June into the first couple of week into July but the long range weather forecast said it was gonna get a bit cooler than the 30C + wer had been having.

So into water they went , then to damp toilet paper (A perfect germination and very fast too) and then into RootRiot horticultural sponges , then into fiber pot with coco until they got potted into 10cm x 10 cm x 18cm(deep) long root pots ( all potting up stages were done before any roots broke the exterior of the sponges or fibre pots, so not roots were disturbed, which could have produced transplant shock).

The seedlings were in my micro cab pc case for two weeks under a 50W CXB 3590 (dimmable) and they loved it and temps were ok.
I had some Optic Foliar hanging around so gave then a squirt, but they didn't do so well for a moment, with a bit of scorch on the leaves, When I opened the spray bottle the ingredients had congealed and gone all lumpy, which is why it didn't do its job, I'm guessing (so always use fresh optic foliar spray).
The girls got over their ordeal and are vegging with no other problems.
The four girls went into my grow space two days ago but the summer is just getting warmer and warmer,it looks like the UK is set for it's hottest year on record (oh lucky me!!!:nono:)
So currently it is 31C in there and I'm only running 1 SANlight S4W in there at 140W actual draw!!
In my living room it is 28C+ and if I put a second light on the cab goes to 34C!!:fire:
Dunno what I'm gonna do as the UK is set to have upto 35C temps this week, I'll just have to ride it out and hope the girls can deal with it, until it cools down a bit.

Still on the brightside any outdoor growers are having amazing weather for cannabis (watering might be a bit of an issue, if your not close to a water source) and they shouldn't have any mold problems either.

Any UK growers having heat problems or having amazing success with outdoor grows in the UK, I would love to hear how you deal with your high temps:fire: or see some amazing beauties under Mr. Solarface :cools:

I haven't made a journal yet, a bad back and hot temps don't help but once I am a bit more mobile, I'll start a journal and post more regularly, so this is as close as it gets for the moment.

I didn't adjust the white balance because the menu system on my camera makes no sense and I have to look it up online how to dod it, so the pics are a bit pink,
White balance will be sorted for next lot of snaps.

Temp
DSCN4134 (FILEminimizer).JPG

Two girls on the left
DSCN4131 (FILEminimizer).JPG

DSCN4136 (FILEminimizer).JPG

Two girls on the right
DSCN4129 (FILEminimizer).JPG

DSCN4138 (FILEminimizer).JPG

DSCN4136 (FILEminimizer).JPG

The eagled eyed members will notice I have two lights in the reflection.
This was purely to increase the light for the photos.
It was turned off after of it would get to 34C:fire: in there.

Have a great sunday everyone- Arty
:vibes::highfive::karmacloud:

Just keep fans on them and mist them a couple times a day, they'll be fine.

Looking good!

Good Afternoon folks.
The UK isn't known for it's balmy hot weather but even in usual summer you can find yourself in your grow room.
Usually I don't grow in the hot months (july & august and a couple of weeks either side giving me 3 month break.
Having to constantly be battling heat and having get home to water, can get in the way when try to have fun in the sun.

Not so long ago I ordered a new vaporiser but the company I ordered from had run out of stock, so I chose some Trippy Gorilla Auto seeds by BigHead Seeds (a cross of Gorilla Glue#4 & Bighead [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]) as I didn't any of the other vapes they sold.
Getting some new genetics started to get under my skin, who doesn't want to see what their new beans can do...right?
With these seeds being touted as some of the highest THC Auto seeds out there @25%-28%, I got itchy fingers and germed four of the 10 I ordered.
We had had a bit of heat in June into the first couple of week into July but the long range weather forecast said it was gonna get a bit cooler than the 30C + wer had been having.

So into water they went , then to damp toilet paper (A perfect germination and very fast too) and then into RootRiot horticultural sponges , then into fiber pot with coco until they got potted into 10cm x 10 cm x 18cm(deep) long root pots ( all potting up stages were done before any roots broke the exterior of the sponges or fibre pots, so not roots were disturbed, which could have produced transplant shock).

The seedlings were in my micro cab pc case for two weeks under a 50W CXB 3590 (dimmable) and they loved it and temps were ok.
I had some Optic Foliar hanging around so gave then a squirt, but they didn't do so well for a moment, with a bit of scorch on the leaves, When I opened the spray bottle the ingredients had congealed and gone all lumpy, which is why it didn't do its job, I'm guessing (so always use fresh optic foliar spray).
The girls got over their ordeal and are vegging with no other problems.
The four girls went into my grow space two days ago but the summer is just getting warmer and warmer,it looks like the UK is set for it's hottest year on record (oh lucky me!!!:nono:)
So currently it is 31C in there and I'm only running 1 SANlight S4W in there at 140W actual draw!!
In my living room it is 28C+ and if I put a second light on the cab goes to 34C!!:fire:
Dunno what I'm gonna do as the UK is set to have upto 35C temps this week, I'll just have to ride it out and hope the girls can deal with it, until it cools down a bit.

Still on the brightside any outdoor growers are having amazing weather for cannabis (watering might be a bit of an issue, if your not close to a water source) and they shouldn't have any mold problems either.

Any UK growers having heat problems or having amazing success with outdoor grows in the UK, I would love to hear how you deal with your high temps:fire: or see some amazing beauties under Mr. Solarface :cools:

I haven't made a journal yet, a bad back and hot temps don't help but once I am a bit more mobile, I'll start a journal and post more regularly, so this is as close as it gets for the moment.

I didn't adjust the white balance because the menu system on my camera makes no sense and I have to look it up online how to dod it, so the pics are a bit pink,
White balance will be sorted for next lot of snaps.

Temp
View attachment 933217

Two girls on the left
View attachment 933216
View attachment 933218

Two girls on the right
View attachment 933215
View attachment 933214

View attachment 933218
The eagled eyed members will notice I have two lights in the reflection.
This was purely to increase the light for the photos.
It was turned off after of it would get to 34C:fire: in there.

Have a great sunday everyone- Arty
:vibes::highfive::karmacloud:

trying with pc too ;)
Hey LGW
Posting pics aint so heavy my man, I'll lend a hand and you should be good to go in no time at all!

First things first - File size

I forget what the max size is here but the system will tell you if a picture is too large to post.
If you camera is taking very high quality photos then the file size will be large , so either change the settings, so you have a smaller file size or use a program that reduces file size, I use "File minimizer" and it works great and it is free.

Posting a picture

At the bottom right of the reply box you will see upload file, it is a good idea to have a folder where you keep all your canna pictures so you always know where they are on your pc.
Click the "Upload File" button and choose the file where the picture is and select the picture you want to post. If you want to upload several files from the same folder "Hold down Ctrl and individually click each picture you want to upload" then click "open" (which should be on the bottom right of the upload page).

Putting an upload picture into your post

Once uploaded you will see the pictures underneath the "post reply/upload file/more options tabs (you can see then at the bottom right of the posting box).
You can either post a small thumbnail sized picture or choose full image all depending what you want to do.
Click one or the other and your picture will now appear in you post.

If you are grabbing a picture from the internet to post just copy and paste it, this doesn't always work as some picture won't or can't be copied, for whatever reason. In this case you should use a screen grabber. I like to use Snagit13 from techsmith which has a free version but the paid version is cool because it has text, arrows, magnifier etc so you can add some nice bits and pieces without firing up photoshop etc.

If anyone has anything else to add please do but as far as I see it that's the basics of uploading a picture.

Last edited:
Just keep fans on them and mist them a couple times a day, they'll be fine.

Looking good!
Thanks brother :pass:

They seem to be liking the megacrop so far.

Do you follow their feeding schedule or do you have you own feeding regime and are you using any of greenleafs other products?

I was considering buying their PK booster but I have a load of coco PK booster, which I hope would be ok with the megacrop.

I'm loving that picture of your Dinafem Haze CBD, very nice :d5::smoking::headbang: I wish I could grow in my greenhouse but it is overlooked by many windows and even if no one care it would just get stolen.
One day i will move tyo a more rural & secluded spot and then I won't know how to get through it all lol:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back