Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if dispensaries will try to get rid of their un-stamped weed before the 17th..... could be like buying Halloween candy on Nov 1st. I do like a good bargain.

If it's anything like over here regarding tobacco, these "stamps" will be so easy to counterfeit.

In other words, the Government has given the green light to organised crime by over-regulating things.

As they always do when they THINK they can control something they could not control previously.

And that 5-letter word is the one which guarantees a clusterfuck, they THINK and it always goes downhill from there.

Opened up my mailbox today and saw 2 government pamphlets about "get the facts" before legalization passes next week. No big surprises, but "legal" cannabis will have an Excise Stamp. This is beginning to remind me of the tobacco industry...

No changes to medical access, but no-one will need a permit to grow up to 4 plants per household indoors and out of sight.

The guy at the hydro store said all of the big producers are gone. He said that regulators might control the cannabinoid levels and control seed sales. I hope that neither of those is true, I want a variety to choose from!

Like when Holland decided to try and ban non-residents from going to coffee shops, all that will mean is an increase in "under the counter" sales and the sort of increase in purchases from overseas which will be impossible to control.

Let's face it, the "authorities" are never going to be able to genetically test every seed, nor will they be able to grow the choice that will be available, so all it needs is someone marking up a "sooperdooperhighstoner" seed as a "crap as official Dutch medical strain" and the only people who will know are the ones buying and selling the stock under the counter for you can never identify a strain by just looking at the seed.

You are both right. It has been easy to get seeds by mail, but at least one major breeder had to stop shipping to Canada, and I hear complaints about shipments from trustworthy seed-banks never making it through.

Anyways, I have so many auto and fem freebies that I can't grow them all!

I still have 3x auto and 3x photo and 5x photo left that I paid for, and 6x Amnesia auto that were owed that I want in my jars...

But now new CBD strains have got my attention...Can I risk spending money and not getting my seeds?

You'll always hear tales of shipments not making it, but the truth is that the vast majority of shipments do make it through.

And a decent seed bank will reship in a different stealth package should the first attempt fail, so do your research and you'll find out who is the "best" in that respect as if they can get seeds into assorted countries which are far stricter on cannabis than Canada then they'll get them into Canada, for you REALLY have to be unlucky to be the poor bugger who actually has his package checked given the sheer quantity of mail passing through the system every day.

Oh, and these people who don't get their seeds? You have to wonder how many packets "disappear" once they hit the more local mail centres, for it's not just customs that is the problem, cargo handling and the postal service are well known dens of thieving bastards and I suspect that's where quite a few of the issues lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back