Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody Hell @9bear ...you have been through it...:bighug:...not just the sickness but your plants too...:doh:

I'll bet the landlady didn't Think...just worried about you being MIA...so you much have collapsed or something away from home..?

Listen to this one @9bear ...I've been having to dig around the music vids since [HASHTAG]#beartracks[/HASHTAG] went silent...:biggrin:

I'm in recovery at home . I'm physically drained most of the time. it's a challenge just to get dressed in the a.m.I get frustrated with small tasks because my eye hand coordination is very poor right now I'll get it together soon .I'm not ready to lay down just yet . I'm, off to the hospital for my brain scan see ya'll later . :thumbsup::bighug:

Hey guys, we're going to actually have Tina with Mars Hydro on for an EARLY morning interview; we'll be shooting for 9 am MDT (Mountain Time,) so about 2 hours from the time of this post!

[HASHTAG]#gotiger[/HASHTAG] :vibe: ...getting your Flirt on with @MarshydroTina sounds like soooo much hard work........:smoker:

Its my understanding that crossing a child plant with a parent plant is a backcross and is denoted as BX1, etc. F1 plants are a cross of 2 different strains. child plant generations are the product of selective crossing the child plants among themselves, creating the F2, etc generations. At least that's what I gleaned from Greg Green's Cannabis breeder's bible.

Think of a family tree, A boy or girl who mates with her parent would produce an F2 child. If those people have kids, and do it with grandma who bears a another child than that grandchild is an F3.

That is a backcross. If your looking to keep as many of the traits of the original female, then you backcross with a male from each succeeding generation of offspring. then, in each new generation, the % of genes of the original mother increases. And it matters not if the mother was a hybrid or not, as each successive breeding will still bring you closer to the mother's genetics.

If your looking to get the best traits of both parents, you breed each successive generation among themselves, selecting the most likely male and females

No, you mate each new generation male with the ORIGINAL mother. That way you're keeping the best traits with the original genes instead of introducing new genes to provide a different plant altogether.

Think of it like "Arkansas", or, if you're in the UK, "Norfolk"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back