Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see you escaped, nobody like hospitals, they're full of sick people and you don't know what you'll catch.

Maybe your neck of the woods is different on some standards, but here the normal white blood cell count is between 3 and 10K, except when you have an immune system like mine which would be able to take on the bastard offspring of Ebola and HIV and laugh at it, because docs have stopped asking me if I have an infection or are sick as my white blood cell count is naturally around the 12K region. Always has been, but with nothing else to show there's something actually wrong inside me they now know I just have a seriously strong immune system.

But 30+k, that's quite an infection and could explain the heart enzymes as, obviously, when you're trying to fight off something like that it does stress the heart and that stress will result in an increased level of such enzymes which CAN be an indicator of heart muscle disease, so maybe more closer monitoring will be the order of the day as tests done when you've got such an infection may give a skewed result and all could well be good with the ticker itself, it's maybe just been the stress on the body from the infection building up, as you say, over a period of time which has triggered it, especially if the abdominal pain has been interfering with your sleep as that will also stress the heart. So don't stress over that, it won't help your heart, they've identified something that MIGHT be an issue but if it WAS an issue then you would have had a battery of tests done and you would likely still be inside the home for the diseased instead of being at your own home where you can be more relaxed.

I'm guessing it's a "nuclear" dose of antibiotics you've been given, so expect stomach issues as the "good" bacteria get killed off too. Ginger, fresh or in capsules or in pills based on ginger, is great for settling upset guts, and is something I always have here "just in case". Ranitidine (Zantac) is a great one for excess gut acid, I found that to be better on me than Omeprazole when I got an NSAID (Ibuprofen, to be precise) induced stomach ulcer, and always have that stuff here "just in case" as well. Just be aware that the antibiotics themselves can cause issues, and if the hospital hasn't given you something to protect against these effects it won't do any harm to have something at home "just in case".

So best wishes, not giving anything on your underlying diverticulitis because only you know what triggers that off and how to control it as you'll have been given more than enough info about it, but what I will say is that since it's Sunday here I was going to start the day off with a more "mellow" tune and, given that you're obviously another "Never let the bastards grind you down" type of person then I don't think I could have picked a more apt track for the first choon of the day if I tried, because the choice was made before I even started catching up with this thread.

Peace, bro, get some much needed rest, especially as the antibiotics will likely knock 7 shades of shit out of you, for everyone will still be here when you wish to have a chat. And enjoy the music

Thanks for the thoughts and the music. I don't recall the intravenous antibiotic I received in hospital, but the take-away prescription was for ciprofloxacin to kill the bad critters, and lactobacillus/streptococcus to replace them with good critters. Some metronidazole was tossed in to prevent any new infection. I am pretty sure a similar if not identical cocktail was used in hospital. 24 hours had the WBC halved. 12 hours later, halved again. I really dodged a bullet.

Been taking ginger capsules daily hoping it would bring some relief, and for the other benefits it provides. Excess acid so far has not been an issue, but zantac would be my choice, too, were it needed.

Awe that sucks, man. Rest up Mike!

Pills, tincture, and rest. That's my recipe for recovery!

I need to do change out the nutes for the plants eventually today. I'll take some pics. I had feared that the older of the two ladies would run the tank dry and be in a poor state. Luckily, it is alive and well. It almost appears to have doubled in size when I was away, remarkably.

Back to bed for me. I'll get the pics up later.

Thanks for the thoughts and the music. I don't recall the intravenous antibiotic I received in hospital, but the take-away prescription was for ciprofloxacin to kill the bad critters, and lactobacillus/streptococcus to replace them with good critters. Some metronidazole was tossed in to prevent any new infection. I am pretty sure a similar if not identical cocktail was used in hospital. 24 hours had the WBC halved. 12 hours later, halved again. I really dodged a bullet.

Been taking ginger capsules daily hoping it would bring some relief, and for the other benefits it provides. Excess acid so far has not been an issue, but zantac would be my choice, too, were it needed.

Pills, tincture, and rest. That's my recipe for recovery!

I need to do change out the nutes for the plants eventually today. I'll take some pics. I had feared that the older of the two ladies would run the tank dry and be in a poor state. Luckily, it is alive and well. It almost appears to have doubled in size when I was away, remarkably.

Back to bed for me. I'll get the pics up later.

Metro will have been to protect your stomach, etc, from the Cipro, which would have been what you were given via IV. I know the feeling, after 9 days inside the disease house last year, except they didn't waste the time with the "good" bacteria as it would have been killed off by, in my case, Augmentin, they fed me something similar, can't remember the name, for that reason as heavy doses of antibiotics can be as bad on the stomach as NSAID drugs such as brufen.

Fast finishing photos im very interested in, how fast do they finish outdoors in northern hemissphere?
I'm at Lat N.48, but very short growing season in my micro climate. June-Oct1st.
Some first to second week of Sept. Rest end of Sept. Testing 18 different strains OD this year with some 40 plants. Some winners,some not so much. Lots of new OD seeds/strains being made as well. All untested, but know there will be some gems to be had.

Peace

Questions to all the boys/girls that SCROG. Do you need to top your girls? At what height do you place net and do you need a second above it. Also, do you trim everything below in lollipop fashion?. Do you see increase in finish time? Compared to LSTing , do you feel that final yield is greater with SCROGGING?

Then a 1000 pony snowmobile is the solution

all that power would be lost on me
my little 370
"tractors" me loads
where there are no roads
P1040291.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back