Status
Not open for further replies.
Metro will have been to protect your stomach, etc, from the Cipro, which would have been what you were given via IV. I know the feeling, after 9 days inside the disease house last year, except they didn't waste the time with the "good" bacteria as it would have been killed off by, in my case, Augmentin, they fed me something similar, can't remember the name, for that reason as heavy doses of antibiotics can be as bad on the stomach as NSAID drugs such as brufen.

@Banjacked..........Metro is another type of antibiotic that treats a different spectrum of bacteria from the Cipro. They are just covering the bases by broadening the coverage and preventing overgrowth of bacteria in the gut that Cipro doesn't cover. Strangely enough, Metro in the US, is used primarily to treat vaginal bacterial infections and is quite effective at this job.

Go @bushmasterar15 and soon........a WBC count that high is never considered normal.......I'm surprised that your doc let it slide..........
Not really the Docs fault but my own. Since I had the high WBC before and they couldn't figure it out at the hospital. Then again when I went to the primary so I've just shrugged it off. They did call to have me come in to talk about my labs but they were booked out over a month for appointments so I just said I'd call them back since I'm over 1 1/2hrs away. I don't do well having to sit an wait in the waiting area when I have appt at say noon and they don't call you back till 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back