Status
Not open for further replies.
These critical mass autos, are starting to come along in my co2 room
186319d5efc32777bdf41c2713ddd139.jpg
461679c882aa3152dea18eddc59c2079.jpg
899d8009f6326bfcfc9919d46ddc518f.jpg

Nuggets

Hi Mike! Are you back from your water run? The rain looks like it's starting to roll in here, wind picking up.......skies are darkening. My grow light and some other stuff is supposed to arrive tomorrow.......just need a few more things that I will pick up on Monday.....and my camera arrives next Friday.......should be ready to go then!

Was raining when I left, and raining when I got back. Blech. Should have picked this stuff up last night.

Looking forward to seeing what you set up. Sure in the right place for getting help with tweaking things!

The GG4 tank was way overdue for a flush. The procedure I use is to drain everything currently in the tank, fill with all DI, wait a bit for things to dissipate, then drain and refill with nute solution. That is usually more than enough. With the GG, the DI that i drained near the end was still half the concentration of what I am already feeding it with. Just washing a second gallon of DI through it now.

Also discovered something I had not anticipated. Already knew that water temperature not only affects the solubility of O2, but CO2 as well. What didn't occur to me (until faced with pretty clear evidence) was that this will affect pH. More dissolved CO2 means lower pH. The water I got from the store was, well, store temperature.. below 70F. The pH was a solid .3 points lower than the water I distill in my 75-80 F home. i could be misinterpreting this, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Was raining when I left, and raining when I got back. Blech. Should have picked this stuff up last night.

Looking forward to seeing what you set up. Sure in the right place for getting help with tweaking things!

The GG4 tank was way overdue for a flush. The procedure I use is to drain everything currently in the tank, fill with all DI, wait a bit for things to dissipate, then drain and refill with nute solution. That is usually more than enough. With the GG, the DI that i drained near the end was still half the concentration of what I am already feeding it with. Just washing a second gallon of DI through it now.

Also discovered something I had not anticipated. Already knew that water temperature not only affects the solubility of O2, but CO2 as well. What didn't occur to me (until faced with pretty clear evidence) was that this will affect pH. More dissolved CO2 means lower pH. The water I got from the store was, well, store temperature.. below 70F. The pH was a solid .3 points lower than the water I distill in my 75-80 F home. i could be misinterpreting this, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Rain seems have passed us by for now......That pH thing is interesting..........considering that .3 on that kind of scale is a lot.....but I thought you hydro guys ran your systems on a more acidic level anyway.......do you think pH is causing a lack of absorption problem with your plants?

Rain seems have passed us by for now......That pH thing is interesting..........considering that .3 on that kind of scale is a lot.....but I thought you hydro guys ran your systems on a more acidic level anyway.......do you think pH is causing a lack of absorption problem with your plants?
I usually keep a pretty tight leash on the water chemistry, but don't focus too much on pH. So long as its between 5.5 and 6.5, I am not doing anything to it.

Lately, the pH in the cheese grow has dropped down around 4.5 over two days of steady decline. I don't think that has anything to do with the temps, but it was my motivation to finally flush it out. First one since germination, and its already well into flower. No idea what caused the sudden drop in alkalinity, but it's gone now.

The GG4 was really bad. I was doing partial flushes (no DI, just drain and fill) but always within a few days the PPM climbed to about 4x what I was feeding it. The pH never dropped out of range, though. I suspect in this case that at some point the nutrients are getting so concentrated that they begin to react with each other. Still doesn't really explain how they got that concentrated.... So for this I pushed two tank fulls of DI through it and just finished filling it up a few moments ago.

Giving some thought to chopping the GG4 sometime during my time off next week. I know it will be a week or so early, but I am getting sick of fighting with the chemistry for what won't really be a much larger yield at the end of the day. Will give me a chance to really clean that one out and replace the recirculation pump too. I suspect that's part of the problem.

Is the GG4 still growing? That increase is really strange......where is it coming from? I mean there are only so many molecules of solids in solution unless some are added in some manner. Correct? Even if they are reacting with each other.......the total amount of dissolved solids shouldn't increase that much if at all if I remember my chemistry correctly. Could nutrients be leached out of the plants?

So what dyou reckon guys,will they be trying it again?
Someone got mr pointy across the back of the head last night..is that going to be enough....?
I ain’t gonna lie to you,I’m feeling very very anxious right now

I am actually getting ready to head out to the shops for 8 gallons of DI to flush out my tanks. I bought a small water distiller that can make about 2 gallons a day specifically because I was tired of hauling it into the house from the car.
I kept saying it's part of my workout
Kinda like squats... low ceiling

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Is the GG4 still growing? That increase is really strange......where is it coming from? I mean there are only so many molecules of solids in solution unless some are added in some manner. Correct? Even if they are reacting with each other.......the total amount of dissolved solids shouldn't increase that much if at all if I remember my chemistry correctly. Could nutrients be leached out of the plants?
Once I flush a tank, I just top the res off every day until the next weekend. The plant was consuming 50% of the tank capacity a day, and unused nutes will start to accumulate. As they get more concentrated, they can react with each other and form new compounds that are no longer of any use to the plant, and those compounds can inhibit the uptake of usable nutrients. Or so that's what I've read.

I still don't get how they built up so fast. Unless the plant suddenly became a lot more thirsty than hungry.

Still quite new at this, so I just don't know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back