Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammitt

Rain, rain, rain and more rain!

My veggie garden has been ruined this year! Overwatering can be a serious problem!! Been blown down also.

The year started off really good with plenty of warm temps and rain, but has now went to crap.

Glad I didn't put a lot of effort into an outdoor grow this year. :vibe:

2nd cuppa tea and 2nd wake n bake EG says its ok.
this year was kinda weird spring was real late,barely here and then it was summer.other than a few chillies on a windowsill,i got nothing in the garden.
:pighug:

OH no! That sucks!

Our Spring was messed up too. I didn't get any potatoes planted because of warm temps early. And, I really wanted to put peas in again this year but peas are not good for warm temps.

Yery nice, I'll have a good squiz! I've got some cheap lights I'm going to put together to try and do a summer grow. AC still going to be needed..

f6

Depending on the level of AC, that can be done cheap as hell too.

You know the cheap ice packs for cooler boxes? Put a line of them in front of a fan. Air gets cooled VERY quickly and all you do is replace and refreeze as necessary.

All depends on the space you need to cool, of course.

Depending on the level of AC, that can be done cheap as hell too.

You know the cheap ice packs for cooler boxes? Put a line of them in front of a fan. Air gets cooled VERY quickly and all you do is replace and refreeze as necessary.

All depends on the space you need to cool, of course.

Morning @Banjacked :smoking:

That is some very valuable info! :thumbsup:

Here's some led usage info for newbies. I bought a discount led. It was discontinued & sold for 50% off. So that is the only reason I jumped in on the Autoflower grow.

My electric Bill is on a budget where they figure what you usually use and even the payments out over a 12 month period. My bill was $85 per month.

After 2 months of use at 24 hours on they sent my Bill and it had estimated use compared to my neighbors and my usage was 120% more then my neighbors. Holy shit! They might be coming to see why I use that much! Cut back 19/5 light schedule , but then reduced it to shutting them off when I go to bed and back on when I get up which is usually about 6 or 7 hours.

My budget went from $85 a month to $115 per month. AFFORDABLE IN MY BOOK.

I have the joys of being classed as "invalid" as well as "disabled", and SWMBO is also disabled so we get what is called "social tariff" here meaning my leccy, gas and water bill is subsidised. But even then I like to minimise use, and the "new" panel draws a genuine 135W from the wall whilst being able to provide 60K lumens, according to my meter which was calibrated with a known source, at a certain height.

Not bad for the price I paid, and the savings versus a 315 CMH and the extra ventilation/cooling needed are obvious.

Meanwhile, after trip out when I found out usual pub was closed so had to go elsewhere, and one found another beer one had not tried before. Only a 4.8% but a wheat beer infused with orange peel and coriander. That's the joys of Belgium, there's something like 3000 different beers in a country of around 10 million people and there's always something "new" if you look.

The only problem was SWMBO was with me so she wouldn't let me have more than 2, but we're planning on a visit again tomorrow because she loved their coffee (which is no mean feat given what we drink here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back