Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be awesome!
do people still buy books?
hehe
I don't think you can beat the feel of a real book also I think you could do a awesome calender with your views

Silicon-Based Immunity
One of the most dynamic research streams in agricultural science relates to the investigation of plant immunity and the triggers that activates the plant to fight its own battles. It is now understood that the plant has an immune system, which can be both monitored and magnified. Salicylic acid, for example, the biochemical upon which aspirin is based, activates the plant’s immune system. Aloe vera is the richest natural source of this compound and many of our growers benefit from the inclusion of this plant extract in their programs.

The whole article makes a good read...

http://blog.nutri-tech.com.au/silica-the-hidden-cost-of-chemicals/

I just clicked when I saw one of the famous ferts was around 70% silica..and Aloe is silica...so I Thought I'd give it a try...
I feed it to me and hubby...:tonic:..why not the plants

If you want to preserve the aloe gel, fill an ice cube tray 1/4 tsp-1 tablespoon (whatever will fit in there within those amounts) to each cube and pop it in the freezer...ready to go when you water..pop a cube in your gallon of room temperature water,let it thaw,give it a few good stirs and apply to your plants.

Wow! Got my festivus winner seeds today!
Blk blueberry
Blk OG kush

Thank you so much AFN !!
0120181232.jpg

Silicon-Based Immunity
One of the most dynamic research streams in agricultural science relates to the investigation of plant immunity and the triggers that activates the plant to fight its own battles. It is now understood that the plant has an immune system, which can be both monitored and magnified. Salicylic acid, for example, the biochemical upon which aspirin is based, activates the plant’s immune system. Aloe vera is the richest natural source of this compound and many of our growers benefit from the inclusion of this plant extract in their programs.

The whole article makes a good read...

http://blog.nutri-tech.com.au/silica-the-hidden-cost-of-chemicals/

I just clicked when I saw one of the famous ferts was around 70% silica..and Aloe is silica...so I Thought I'd give it a try...
I feed it to me and hubby...:tonic:..why not the plants
always got 98% aloe vera gell, food grade, on hand
good for a body inside and out
should do soil and plants
well

So it looks like my first attempt at making a soil from local clay-based soil didn't turn out too well.. First and foremost, it's waaaaaaaay too thick; not enough air space/aeration.. I made a different batch with twice as much coco fiber and 1.5x the amount of perlite. Seems a bit more spongy, and less "sticky" or clumpy.. This is a Dinafem Critical+ auto.. Sisters are waaaaay bigger, and just showing sex.. This little one showed sex and MIGHT give me a decent joint to smoke, so I may just cut around it, put it into a different container and just run it out..

20180119_055110.jpg

Things are starting to take off!!! Finally!!

20180119_055103.jpg

Once again, it appears the Fastbuds Pineapple Express autos just don't grow that well in organic, "water-only" soil.. The 2, far left bottom plants are them.. Small, showed sex at the end of week 2.. This is week 3 and everything else that was started at the same time just started showing sex yesterday and today.. The Fastbuds Northern Express (top left corner) seems to be growing well, and at pace with all of the other Dinafem plants.. I guess I sort of gauge all of my plant growth against the Dinafems, because with my current soil concoction, all of my Dinafems seem to finish about the same height, and produce roughly the same output.. Gotta love their consistency!!

Started some photo seeds, too.. Tried some Delicious Jack Herers, but they all petered out.. Started 4 Seedsman Jack Herers and 3 Seedsman Blueberries.. Gonna veg these out until all of the autos are done, and then flip them over.. I'll start some autos in a different part of the house to keep myself occupied during the flowering of the photos..
20180119_055136.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back