Live Stoners cobs???

It’s my pleasure. Happy to help.

For a 2x4 space I would run a max of 3 cobs in there. 2 would probably do just as good. The r&b leds do not equal the same amount of light per watt as cobs. Efficiency is the amount of light per watt and most leds give less light per watt than cobs. Usually 2.5 times less depending on the led brand. They also suffer from the lenses or glass that covers the light and the actual epoxy lense that covers the die. Light itself is powerful but loses strength each inch it travels and each time it passes through an object. Very specific I know. But there is a lot to it.

Basically I have been testing cobs and wattage with autos for over a year now and found that the recommendations I pass on are near what I have used with the best result. Autos receive longer hours of light each day over traditional photo period plants and this increases the total amount of light each plant receives per day. After testing I found that less wattage over a longer period of time (18-24 hours) has the best results. If given the same amount of light as most recommend for photos for these longer hours it has an inverse effect. The combination of an efficient light source and the longer hours of (lights on) has really surpassed most people’s expectations. Sorry if this was to deep.
Thanks alot bub that was perfect info in terms i understand. Now I diffinetly got to have them. Can use them from start to finish or do I need a bloom one?

Thanks alot bub that was perfect info in terms i understand. Now I diffinetly got to have them. Can use them from start to finish or do I need a bloom one?
The 3500k cob is great for veg and flower. No need for additional lights. You can always supplement if you wanted to but it’s not necessary.

The 3500k cob is great for veg and flower. No need for additional lights. You can always supplement if you wanted to but it’s not necessary.
You recommend 24" height for veg and 18" for flower, non-dimmable correct so a 18/6 or 20/4 schedule from start to finish is great with these lights? Or turn to 18/6 at flower?

I stay higher, 36” from seedling down to 30” in flower. I usually keep lights on for 19/5. Just works out for my schedule best not really anything special for the plants.

Back