Live Stoners cobs???

Oh my oh my I like that brightness a lot may I ask what cob do you have?
They are the @BigSm0 individual autocobs so you can adjust them as needed to what the plants show. You can also get the almost complete to build your own framed setup with your own driver. But I like the ease of use with the autocob.

Those are @BigSm0 's autocobs

Looking good in there @bushmasterar15 :headbang:
Thank you, I just need a space to put up the other tent and need more autocobs.

To the point I'm wanting to either build or buy cob lights. For veg only?
For bloom only?
Or full spectrum?
Can anyone maybe help me with this?
I want some that can either be linked together or least do a 2x4x54 inch tent. thanks again
Hey there, Depending on your space you could run cobs for individual purposes. A veg tent, grow tent. Most including myself run 3500k cobs from start to finish. There is plenty of blue spectrum to veg nice tight plants and plenty of red to flower large buds. The combination is excellent. Either company will sell you a good light. I’d personally go for a 90cri 3500k version 6 if possible. Best cob for the money in my opinion.

Just got done looking at the cob shop I think for the price and trying them timber is my best option. The 4 pack kit of citizen seems like it would do a 2x4x5' tent pretty good. What do think?

I just happen to own both Autocobs and a Timber VS 400 while both lights are great lights IMO the Autocobs from @BigSm0 win hands down
5b90ee2cfcf3fffbb2b972949627e5d7.jpg

ce337aa91b5ec91581f2bdfb761a03c8.jpg

The frame is in the way for me also if you move 1 light you move all. I have the Timber in my tent over plants I had to remove after replacing it with 4 Autocobs that pull less wattage :shrug:
20180120_170644-jpg.853776

1214b5ae21c9fca1e7a0a204340caf87.jpg

Awesome set up man thank you for the info but have you seen the new Timber line of products their just like Bigsmo in function I mean they have just the cobs without any frame. They have the citizens. And others like it.

I just happen to own both Autocobs and a Timber VS 400 while both lights are great lights IMO the Autocobs from @BigSm0 win hands down

The frame is in the way for me also if you move 1 light you move all. I have the Timber in my tent over plants I had to remove after replacing it with 4 Autocobs that pull less wattage :shrug:

Well guess I could just get on or two @Bi

Well I guess I could just get 1-2 @BigSm0 cobs at a time and use with my 4 leds I have now an slowly introduce them at a time until I get 4 of them. Are those full spectrum and dimmable? Can they be plug and play ready so can just add to my timer power strip? Yes dumb questions but want them so bad but want to get them I started correctly.

Well I guess I could just get 1-2 @BigSm0 cobs at a time and use with my 4 leds I have now an slowly introduce them at a time until I get 4 of them. Are those full spectrum and dimmable? Can they be plug and play ready so can just add to my timer power strip? Yes dumb questions but want them so bad but want to get them I started correctly.
Those have higher ppf's then timbers?

Not dimmable, spectrum :shrug: I'm still a newbie mine are 3500k :LOLStoned: yes plug and play you can get cords from 3 to 15 ft I believe

The AutoCobs are plug and play. Plug and grow sounds odd. The benefit of the singles is as you just described. You can add as your budget or space needs. You can also take away as needed as well as space and adjust individually. The 1812 cob has a higher efficiency over the 1212 cob since it is driven at a lower amperage. Like most things the harder you run it the the less efficient it is. To hit the same wattage the 1812 can be driven 30% softer.

The AutoCobs are plug and play. Plug and grow sounds odd. The benefit of the singles is as you just described. You can add as your budget or space needs. You can also take away as needed as well as space and adjust individually. The 1812 cob has a higher efficiency over the 1212 cob since it is driven at a lower amperage. Like most things the harder you run it the the less efficient it is. To hit the same wattage the 1812 can be driven 30% softer.
Great so can start with 2-1812 from seed to harvest. Then add more as I go. Do you think that 4-1812 would cover a 2x4 area good and can finally do away with these 4 600w LEDs 2- full spectrum 2- with option of veg or bloom or they can be full spectrum. I can tell they are not very realiable from grow to grow. I know strains react differently but my lights should be consistent. Thanks also for the response that helps me alot.

Great so can start with 2-1812 from seed to harvest. Then add more as I go. Do you think that 4-1812 would cover a 2x4 area good and can finally do away with these 4 600w LEDs 2- full spectrum 2- with option of veg or bloom or they can be full spectrum. I can tell they are not very realiable from grow to grow. I know strains react differently but my lights should be consistent. Thanks also for the response that helps me alot.
It’s my pleasure. Happy to help.

For a 2x4 space I would run a max of 3 cobs in there. 2 would probably do just as good. The r&b leds do not equal the same amount of light per watt as cobs. Efficiency is the amount of light per watt and most leds give less light per watt than cobs. Usually 2.5 times less depending on the led brand. They also suffer from the lenses or glass that covers the light and the actual epoxy lense that covers the die. Light itself is powerful but loses strength each inch it travels and each time it passes through an object. Very specific I know. But there is a lot to it.

Basically I have been testing cobs and wattage with autos for over a year now and found that the recommendations I pass on are near what I have used with the best result. Autos receive longer hours of light each day over traditional photo period plants and this increases the total amount of light each plant receives per day. After testing I found that less wattage over a longer period of time (18-24 hours) has the best results. If given the same amount of light as most recommend for photos for these longer hours it has an inverse effect. The combination of an efficient light source and the longer hours of (lights on) has really surpassed most people’s expectations. Sorry if this was to deep.

Back