oh what so it's just the dimmable version? sweet, how much are dimming controllers roughly (i'm assuming they have to match the unit in some way).
The seller and item description seem legit and honest no real bad vibes yet but i'll wait and see. Its a bargain for what it is so it may well be worth the risk!
Thanks for your help @keep pounding

oh what so it's just the dimmable version? sweet, how much are dimming controllers roughly (i'm assuming they have to match the unit in some way).
The seller and item description seem legit and honest no real bad vibes yet but i'll wait and see. Its a bargain for what it is so it may well be worth the risk!
Thanks for your help @keep pounding
Yes dimable option and perfect if your using it full cycle. As for the build its well worth it to use the 2530's vs any cheaper epistar panels out there. I haven't done a full 2530 build yet but in testing 2 cobs blow away an old 600 Mars I have kicking around. Plus the 2530's can be picked up for around 10 dollars each and if converted from a Mars 600 you could have a very intense light for under a hundred.

well its not liner

lets say you have an LED that is 50% efficent at 50w(cxb3070) that means you have 25w oƒ heat produced so you need a heatsink that can disapate 25w of heat... if u run passive(no fan) you need 110cm2 per heat watt if active you need 40cm2 per heat watt

so for this cob you would need 2750cm2 of surface area for passive or 1000cm2 for active cooling to maintain aproximately 50 Tj

now if we ran the current at say 2000mA the eff would drop to around 45% and now we are running it at like 75W so 55% of that becomes heat so 41.25 watts of heat so need a bigger heatsink

I understand, thanks.
Are that numbers for heatsinks real? Or you invent them? Because they seems too big...

Yes dimable option and perfect if your using it full cycle. As for the build its well worth it to use the 2530's vs any cheaper epistar panels out there. I haven't done a full 2530 build yet but in testing 2 cobs blow away an old 600 Mars I have kicking around. Plus the 2530's can be picked up for around 10 dollars each and if converted from a Mars 600 you could have a very intense light for under a hundred.
would two cxa/cxb 2530's out perform a mars reflector 48? im guessing yes lol. I just cant justify converting the mars yet its only a few months old haha.
I have one cpu sink, happy to use it but i want the two cob's going at once, it would also be good to just be able to add more cobs to an existing heatsink(large black passive kind) in the future. So i guess my question is, is it worth running a single cxa/b 2530 on cpu sink beside a mars ref 48 and buy more cpu sinks and cobs as i go or should i get a larger heatsink that would fit multiple cobs? I feel confident in some cree's a meanwell and whatever heatsink would be required, just need some solid opinions first!

This is actually really promising. It's hard to stay cheap while paying 30$ per cob lol. If the 2530's will out do my old og model mars 300w I am sold. Thanks for the tip. I've been watching the gromau5 videos and it's some good stuff. I feel like I understand most of it for the most part. I'm assuming you could mix cobs no problem? You could even do a few cheaper 2530's and add in 1 or 2 more expensive ones.

What spectrum do you guys recommend? Would choosing all 4000k be advisable for veg and bloom?

3500k is the best single cct to run. Mixing is also good but most people I see only run the 3500's what's great about DIY and these cobs besides the efficiency is that it doesn't have to be purchased all at once. Singe 2530's are super inexpensive and the drivers from northern grow lights are a great match for them and priced great as well. As for not wanting to swap out the newer Mars I get it but understand that every minute it runs your also wasting energy on less efficient diodes vs efficient cobs. Mars is in the 20-25% efficiency range. Cobs are 50-62% efficiency range. To get 62% your paying serious money but even the cheaper options are still double. 50% less heat and 50% more light.

3500k is the best single cct to run. Mixing is also good but most people I see only run the 3500's what's great about DIY and these cobs besides the efficiency is that it doesn't have to be purchased all at once. Singe 2530's are super inexpensive and the drivers from northern grow lights are a great match for them and priced great as well. As for not wanting to swap out the newer Mars I get it but understand that every minute it runs your also wasting energy on less efficient diodes vs efficient cobs. Mars is in the 20-25% efficiency range. Cobs are 50-62% efficiency range. To get 62% your paying serious money but even the cheaper options are still double. 50% less heat and 50% more light.
I will be running 3 modified Mars 300s with 6 total 72 volt 3590's (2 on each) in my 4x4 and it will be plenty of light for 5 plants.. Some tell me it won't but I just assume they have not seen these bad boy fire up.. Mine are all 3500 k

This is actually really promising. It's hard to stay cheap while paying 30$ per cob lol. If the 2530's will out do my old og model mars 300w I am sold. Thanks for the tip. I've been watching the gromau5 videos and it's some good stuff. I feel like I understand most of it for the most part. I'm assuming you could mix cobs no problem? You could even do a few cheaper 2530's and add in 1 or 2 more expensive ones.

What spectrum do you guys recommend? Would choosing all 4000k be advisable for veg and bloom?
You can get the 3590's for $36.00 each

I will be running 3 modified Mars 300s with 6 total 72 volt 3590's (2 on each) in my 4x4 and it will be plenty of light for 5 plants.. Some tell me it won't but I just assume they have not seen these bad boy fire up.. Mine are all 3500 k
It take 6 cobs over 3 Mars any day. You can always add more if you feel it's not enough later on. Not only will the spectrum be better the intensity will be too.

Back