I don't mean to sound argumentative, but I can be cynical in the absence of evidence.

Thanks for the links. Like I said "Nano enhanced" is marketing speak. "Nano emulsions" has real meaning.

Some background about me might explain my strong sounding opinions: I have been making my own remedies since the late 70's; I worked in the natural medicine industry for decades; in my early counselor training I took a course in psychopharmacology and still remember the basics. And I have a lot to learn.

I have heard all kinds of claims from all kinds of companies, so naturally I am skeptical. The real truth is, to the drug industry patented processes can be very profitable.

There are many ways to make emulsions, from lecithin to cyclodextrins and beyond. They can be useful but are often not necessary because our bodies know how to handle lipid soluble substances including CBD, as evidenced by the growing body of clinical data.

The use of (piperine) black pepper to enhance absorption of nutrients in the gut has been known by nutritionists for decades, and you will see it in many herbal formulations. Try including it in your emulsions and extractions

If I were to give practical advice, head on over to the Medical forums. There you will find recipes and processes that are known to work and can be done in the kitchen with basic gear. @Root and others have a great deal of knowledge to share.

Start with the basics, and as you gain experience (and have at least a few extra jars to play with) look into more advanced methods of delivery.

Good luck with your growing and your experiments. And thank you for sharing the information, it might turn out to be very useful.

@VitaMan
Do you have any updates to share?

Very interested as both a grower/breeder, as well as a consumer of CBD strains making my own medicine to consume orally on a daily basis to help combat severe chronic pain.

Peace,
Stick

@VitaMan
Do you have any updates to share?

No updates yet, Stick.

My FB LSD-25 still has about a month left before I chop, after that I will plant one of the DF Blue Cheese beans.

I hope someday to have room for a bigger tent- then I can perpetual grow multiple strains and accelerate my learning, but for now it is 1-2 plants at a time.

No updates yet, Stick.

My FB LSD-25 still has about a month left before I chop, after that I will plant one of the DF Blue Cheese beans.

I hope someday to have room for a bigger tent- then I can perpetual grow multiple strains and accelerate my learning, but for now it is 1-2 plants at a time.

Thanks for the reply brother!

I have some DF beans in the seed vault that I hope to play with in the next few months as well, some more CBD autos, and some indoor and outdoor photos. Hope you document your DF Blue Cheese grow, as it certainly looks like you have grown a fair amount of plants over the years.

Peace

:pass:
I have some DF beans in the seed vault that I hope to play with in the next few months as well, some more CBD autos, and some indoor and outdoor photos. Hope you document your DF Blue Cheese grow, as it certainly looks like you have grown a fair amount of plants over the years.

Peace

hey stick, im gonna start my first real CBD grow ,,, dinafem White Widow CBD auto ,, 2-1 ratio ..

and since she is part of comp/grow-off she will be treated good :eyebrows:

Last edited:
it certainly looks like you have grown a fair amount of plants over the years. Peace

Thanks, but lower your expectations- I am really not that experienced a gardener, especially with Autos. Love it as much as any other.

I am much more experienced in herbal "alchemy".

:pass:

hey stick, im gonna start my first real CBD grow ,,, dinafem White Widow CBD auto ,, 2-1 ratio ..

and since she is part of comp/grow-off she will be treated good :eyebrows:
Look forward to seeing your grow. Please tag me when you do. Not on here much, but will drop by from time to time.
I am much more experienced in herbal "alchemy".
Very interested to hear about your experience with herbal alchemy. Please ether PM me or post a link if you have posted anything on it. Thanks.

Look forward to seeing your grow. Please tag me when you do. Not on here much, but will drop by from time to time.

Very interested to hear about your experience with herbal alchemy. Please ether PM me or post a link if you have posted anything on it. Thanks.

I started some salve last week and then realized I should be documenting it. I had to stop early on to make counter space and it is sitting in the fridge, but maybe I can put something together anyways.

I have been wanting to show my tincture tech but I have a surplus so that will be a while.

I started some salve last week and then realized I should be documenting it. I had to stop early on to make counter space and it is sitting in the fridge, but maybe I can put something together anyways.

I have been wanting to show my tincture tech but I have a surplus so that will be a while.
That would be great to at least read how you make your salve. I need to make some more sometime soon. The recipe I use currently uses four ounces of flowers and I believe just one cup of Coconut oil, and that is it. The amount of flowers is not problem on my part as I live in a legal state and am able to grow lbs. outdoors.

As far as tinctures, I make PGA tincure (a.k.a. Green Dragon Tincture) and vegetable glycerin. In fact having some PGA T. in my coffee early this morning.

Peace.

Back