@johnp540 so no decarbing first? Just into pot and simmer for 30-60 minutes?
What is your starting dose then?

Thank you for that information!! :bighug:
I never have boss. I questioned the same thing not long ago on live stoners. How come they recommend it, I've never done it and my edibles come out strong as hell. A couple seed it decarbs while cooking in the butter and the oil then decarbs in the oven. To add to the butter info if you want you can always add a couple ozs of butter to your cannabutter if it's too strong.
Dosing really depends on what your starting with. There is an equation I think somewhere on line that I think will give you an around about idea as far as percentages, mg, etc..
I've yet to cook with the cbd yet. Just cooked with regular bud so far. I might make a small batch when this is dry though. I honestly like Smoking it.

@KonopCh
Here is the recipe for ethanol alcohol extraction with dosage suggestions at the end. I personally use twice as many flowers as the recipe calls for, as I am able to grow lbs outdoor, so flowers for me are almost free. When i first started making it Everclear was not available in my state in the US, so used 151, which worked fine. Higher the % of alcohol the better extraction will get.

I am also able to make CBD tincture with a photo cut that I have. Tested Z6 cut at 15% CBD: .5 % THC.

I have been using Green Dragon Tincture (GDT) for chronic pain and insomnia on a daily basis for the past five years.

One can use it sublingualy (under the tongue), but you will want to dilute it. First time I tried it without 'cutting' it, I burned under my tongue.

Be VERY careful if when/if you make and first dose with GDT and with every new batch, as it is VERY potent. First time i made it, i took to much and felt like I was floating when I walked. Sounds like it might be fun but it was not. I still over titrate (dose) too much when making a batch with strains I have not used before.

I have modified the time and temperature for Decarboxylation of the flowers. I have found this is works best for the electric oven I use, but it seems that many of us find different temps and time for Decarboxylation that works better for our individual situations.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Green Dragon Tincture Recipe

This is a simple and efficient 4 Step process.

Requirements:
1/8oz high quality cannabis 3.5 grams
2 oz of Everclear or Bacardi Rum – 151 proof

Process Summary:

1. Chop cannabis very fine (coffee grinder works great)

2. Place in a shallow pan (a sheet of aluminum foil works great) and bake at 250°F/121C for 30 minutes.

3. Remove from oven and place cannabis(make powder) in 2 oz of Everclear or 151 proof rum. Don't use anything under 151 proof. (use a small wide mouth mason jar)

4. Simmer in a water bath for 20 minutes. Maintain temperature of the rum/cannabis mixture 170°F/77C. Heating the alcohol mixture can be done very safely using a hot water bath. You will need an accurate candy or quick read thermometer. Place about 1 inch of water in a wide, vertical-edged pan (9” diameter x 3” high). Bring the water to a low simmer. The rum/cannabis mixture should be in a small (1 pint) mason jar. Do NOT cover the jar.

Put the thermometer into the mason jar and place into the simmering water bath. Bring the temperature of the rum/cannabis mixture to about 170°F/77C. The alcohol should be just barely boiling.

You should have the oven fan on high. You will notice that any alcohol fumes are mixed with water vapor from the water bath and vented out the fan. This combined with the fact that you are trying not to boil the ethanol makes the process quite safe.

5. Strain the mixture and store.
When you are finished with the extraction you will be left with about 1oz of green dragon tincture after you have strained the extract. Notice that one ounce of the alcohol has evaporated.
The liquid should be dark brownish-green and smell like cannabis.

Dosage:
One milliliiter (one full eyedropper) is very nice. You must self-titrate (test it on yourself) as each batch will be slightly different. Effects take up from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours to begin (at least in myself) and lasted for 5 hours (1 dropper) to 7-8 hours (2 droppers). 1.5 hours of lingering aftereffects. Sub-Lingual (under the tongue) is much quicker.

I place one eyedropper (1ml) of Green Dragon in a small glass. I then add a small amount of water (1-2 ml) and drink. Do this on an empty stomach for best results (about 20-30 minutes before eating a main meal is good).

A standard eyedropper will transfer about 1ml (or 1 gram) of liquid. There are 29 milliliters in one ounce. So you should end up with about 30 or so full eyedroppers (30 milliliters) of Green Dragon.

Titration.
Everybody is different. It takes me between 30-90 minutes to feel the effects of Green Dragon (depending on how much food is in my stomach).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@johnp540
Thanks for the pictures of your critical+cbd auto and your first impressions of it! I have some critical+cbd auto beans that I will start working with in the next couple of months.

I am sure you will love smoking bubble hash! It is my real go to when I can't sleep.

Peace

@KonopCh
Here is the recipe for ethanol alcohol extraction with dosage suggestions at the end. I personally use twice as many flowers as the recipe calls for, as I am able to grow lbs outdoor, so flowers for me are almost free. When i first started making it Everclear was not available in my state in the US, so used 151, which worked fine. Higher the % of alcohol the better extraction will get.

I am also able to make CBD tincture with a photo cut that I have. Tested Z6 cut at 15% CBD: .5 % THC.

I have been using Green Dragon Tincture (GDT) for chronic pain and insomnia on a daily basis for the past five years.

One can use it sublingualy (under the tongue), but you will want to dilute it. First time I tried it without 'cutting' it, I burned under my tongue.

Be VERY careful if when/if you make and first dose with GDT and with every new batch, as it is VERY potent. First time i made it, i took to much and felt like I was floating when I walked. Sounds like it might be fun but it was not. I still over titrate (dose) too much when making a batch with strains I have not used before.

I have modified the time and temperature for Decarboxylation of the flowers. I have found this is works best for the electric oven I use, but it seems that many of us find different temps and time for Decarboxylation that works better for our individual situations.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Requirements:

Process Summary:

2. Place in a shallow pan (a sheet of aluminum foil works great) and bake at 250°F/121C for 30 minutes.

3. Remove from oven and place cannabis(make powder) in 2 oz of Everclear or 151 proof rum. Don't use anything under 151 proof. (use a small wide mouth mason jar)

4. Simmer in a water bath for 20 minutes. Maintain temperature of the rum/cannabis mixture 170°F/77C. Heating the alcohol mixture can be done very safely using a hot water bath. You will need an accurate candy or quick read thermometer. Place about 1 inch of water in a wide, vertical-edged pan (9” diameter x 3” high). Bring the water to a low simmer. The rum/cannabis mixture should be in a small (1 pint) mason jar. Do NOT cover the jar.

Put the thermometer into the mason jar and place into the simmering water bath. Bring the temperature of the rum/cannabis mixture to about 170°F/77C. The alcohol should be just barely boiling.

You should have the oven fan on high. You will notice that any alcohol fumes are mixed with water vapor from the water bath and vented out the fan. This combined with the fact that you are trying not to boil the ethanol makes the process quite safe.

When you are finished with the extraction you will be left with about 1oz of green dragon tincture after you have strained the extract. Notice that one ounce of the alcohol has evaporated.

Dosage:
One milliliiter (one full eyedropper) is very nice. You must self-titrate (test it on yourself) as each batch will be slightly different. Effects take up from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours to begin (at least in myself) and lasted for 5 hours (1 dropper) to 7-8 hours (2 droppers). 1.5 hours of lingering aftereffects. Sub-Lingual (under the tongue) is much quicker.

I place one eyedropper (1ml) of Green Dragon in a small glass. I then add a small amount of water (1-2 ml) and drink. Do this on an empty stomach for best results (about 20-30 minutes before eating a main meal is good).

A standard eyedropper will transfer about 1ml (or 1 gram) of liquid. There are 29 milliliters in one ounce. So you should end up with about 30 or so full eyedroppers (30 milliliters) of Green Dragon.

Titration.
Everybody is different. It takes me between 30-90 minutes to feel the effects of Green Dragon (depending on how much food is in my stomach).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@johnp540
Thanks for the pictures of your critical+cbd auto and your first impressions of it! I have some critical+cbd auto beans that I will start working with in the next couple of months.

I am sure you will love smoking bubble hash! It is my real go to when I can't sleep.

Peace
@KonopCh

Requirements:

Process Summary:

Dosage:

Titration.
@johnp540

Peace
Ha now that's a recipe. Lol thanks for sharing. Only thing I really measure is the weight of material and that varies depending on what your using bud, trim, popcorn etc.. like when I do my alcohol extraction I just fill the jar like I said before and just barely cover the material with alcohol shake for a few seconds let it sit a few more then shake again and get to straining. Takes about a minute to shake, sit, shake. I like your style though. I should adopt your technique and start writing stuff down, so when asked I sound a little more educated lol I had just woke up though, that's my excuse, I'm sticking with it. Lmao
No problem on the pics bud. You should enjoy the plants man it's good smoke too. Citrus and fuel like smell, unsure on taste as of now. I haven't smoked any that's been dried and cured. What size containers you plan on using? I used a 3gal cloth pot so it was more like 2.6gal. If you check out the journal you'll see that I was seriously thinking about pulling her. She started off on the slow side, so if they do that just hang on a couple weeks they'll pull through.
For the bubble hash I'll be using hubbabubbasmellascope for hubbabubba'bubblehash lol might use some of the cbd bud, it would be great, but I really enjoy smoking it as is.

Back